Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is this game so unfriendly to higher pings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    haha, yeah, pings for life lol

BLAAAAAA is D2F[DrZizi] and Dolly<3Blue is D2F[Supremacy].

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CAWeissen, you play from USA to Europe with 100 ping. I have the same from Portugal to some bad german server (or dutch). lol
    Btw, I know many players on that screenshot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The thing is, if your ping is high, but you train with that general range of ping, you get used to it, and adjust to it without even thinking, thus eliminating the difference between the low pings and the higher. I just got this score today, and I normally average around 40 pts per TAM game with around 104 ping.
    --> Click Here <--

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC View Post
    Well that's your solution right there Magwa. Don't get into close-combat situations.

Define your weaknesses and avoid them
    Define your strengths and exploit them

Perhaps you should try bragging about your strengths instead of complaining about weaknesses. It's what everybody else does here
    LOL if i had just ONE strength i would gladly post it .. and bragg about it ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can't always avoid close combat situations. And that's not Magwa or anyone's weakness. It's the way the game acts closeby and it shouldn't...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well that's your solution right there Magwa. Don't get into close-combat situations.

Define your weaknesses and avoid them
    Define your strengths and exploit them

Perhaps you should try bragging about your strengths instead of complaining about weaknesses. It's what everybody else does here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yo Da Ghost what is wrong with 2k4 has absolutly nothing to do with UT the fact is that the game is very one sided when it comes to ping bacuse of the hit scan dominence low pingers have the upper hand period! now just ask any instagibber that has played Both games (ut and 2k4) the shot lag in 2k4 is horrendous,believe me i have alot of other things i could be doing i am not making this stuff up just cause 2k4 is not my favorite game.

And as i and other people have stated it is not just insta in regular weapons the closer you get to a opponent the more shot lag you have no matter what the weapon...that is a problem for the whole game it effects alot of thing including the no lock avrils,phantom rockets and flak etc i have no pre built prejudice against 2k4 but facts are facts..

Bic you are a exception to the rule you have found some way to play with a large ping but go play on this server 216.52.148.51:7777 play there where the average player there has a 24 to 36 ping and come back and let us know what you think...and what your ping is there mine is 98 to 104...the problem i have is this i have no problem figureing out the lead for shots that are aways away then you get close and it all goes to **** in a handbasket it does not work..seems the straight shots to your opponent work fine but if you are swinging left or right then it lags.i even lock up almost every game for like 3 seconds and can not move,and i have no PL or nothing wierd with my connection...go figure.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im originally from Germany and used to a ping of 12 - 20. Now in Netherlands I usually have pings from 40 - 60 and it really takes some time to adapt. But once you figured it out its getting easier. I can't image playing with a ping like 80 or even 100 though I also play with Israeli and American dudes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Magwa View Post
    {Rant}Both 2k3 and 2k4 have the worst netcode i have ever seen,it is hard to play even with a 80 ping UT was not that way..why is this ? And because of this it is hitscan dependent yet even with a 80 ping in insta you lag like you are a boat anchor .WTF...and the master server is like a hour behind..common whats up with this?
    I beg to differ Magwa. And you know my high-ping playing style well enough that I have the proof to back it up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well i agree Epic can never erase the ping difference that is not resonable to expect BUT,isn't it funny that every game Epic has made in the UT series someone codes a newnet type mutator for it ..in UT it was zero ping in 2k4 it is newnet..so that in it self shows the need for such a mutator and it needs to be built into the game ..i do not expect to play someone in europe and have the same game as they do bUT! i do expect that games here in the states should play somewhat the same as it is now it is a total joke you got low ping you are a hitscan machine you got high ping they call you a spammer...sad sad sad...
    If you've played any other FPS games, then you'll know that every other game has some netcode anti-lag addons made for them. UT2004 has some pretty nice netcode, some of the best in the industry. it just doesn't hold well for packetloss. and just because it feels different from UT99 to YOU doesn't mean it's "the worst netcode in the game"

You've got to drop your prejudice against UT2004 just because it took a lot of the glory away from your fav.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
    LOL. If you want to see what bad netcode looks like go get yourself a copy of BF2.
    You do have to take into fact that BF2's netcode is different due to the fact that it holds up to 64 users to a server sometimes. When the server has that much activity, it will have a harder time with the communication if there is something capping it along the line.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scylla View Post
    UT was not that way because everyone had dial-up then...
    No everyone was not on dial up i played UT the last 18 months before 2003 came out on broadband and most of the clan also had broadband, If you live in or near a big city you had broadband,,and the problem is still the same if you live near the servers you own you live in the sticks like i do you put up with all the garbage and get tired of playing a one sided game ,and the community gets smaller because of this problem .It is in the best interests of the game to have the biggest community that it can have .The bigger the community the more servers in out of the way places NOT just DALLAS,LA< etc i ping 28 to seattle but there are no servers...so what good does it do me?

Everyone can not move to a city with servers to play a game but the game should make it's self playable no matter where you are if that means the low pingers lagg some so be it ...if i can not play on somewhat equal terms with everyone else then i am not interested in off line or single player ,so that means i am not going to buy the game .This is not the attitude we want people to have about UT...If they can build these big powerfull engines then i say it must be possible to address the latency problem... maybe not cure it but help it out alot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    {Rant}Both 2k3 and 2k4 have the worst netcode i have ever seen,it is hard to play even with a 80 ping UT was not that way..why is this ? And because of this it is hitscan dependent yet even with a 80 ping in insta you lag like you are a boat anchor .WTF...and the master server is like a hour behind..common whats up with this?
    UT was not that way because everyone had dial-up then...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL. If you want to see what bad netcode looks like go get yourself a copy of BF2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IMO there are two ways to address this:
    1) Change the netcode - a technically challenging remedy else it would have been done long ago. At the end of the day, latency is latency and your distance to the server WILL impact your performance. Living in WA, I'm a big fan of newnet. But let's also face it: ut is hitscan dominant. Always was imo. (Even ut99 - once you got broadband, all you needed was the sniper rifle) But newnet basically affords "low ping" for everyone now so the dude with 20 ping to a server doesn't have the advantage he used to. The downside is that everyone now whores hitscan. But that's not the fault of newnet - that is the game! Fresh spawn - three bounces with the shock rifle and ur dead. So hopefully, ut2k7 will provide a bit more motivation to get in the face some. The truth is tho, that newnet (and TAM imo) has made alot of players get very good with hitscan.
    2) Have more servers! This would be so much less a problem if the community was much larger and you could have your choice of servers nearby.

My hope is that ut2k7 will address both.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X