Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've played far too much UT when.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you've played far too much UT when.....

Ok, bit of a fun topic here.

You know you've played too much UT when.....

On friday night: instead of worrying about what outfit your going to wear and what club your going to, you instead worry about what server your going to play on and wether it's gonna be ONS or VCTF.

You have had at least one dream where unreal tournament was real. Extra points awarded if the characters in the dream were pixel based.

When picking up friends in your car: instead of waiting outside and calling them you continiously honk your horn until they are all inside the car and the doors are closed and you've been driving for at least a minute.

When involved in drunken playfights, you mimic UT announcer quotes such as "headshot" (beer mat on head), ownage and God Like.

You sign credit card receipts as your UT name.

When phoning up car dealers you say things like "I like that pickup but I'd prefer it to have bigger wheels like a hell bender".

You haven't spoke to your friends since UT99, and you stopped speaking to your own mother when UT24K was released. You cancel dates, social gatherings and any form of social interaction because "UT is more fun"

Your girlfriend (presuming you still have one) knows your favourite map, vehicle and weapon.

You've googled "plasma rifles for sale".

You have asked your parents / girlfriend / wife to buy you a raptor for christmas.

You spent over $2,000 on PC upgrades for the sole purpose of playing unreal tournament.

You didn't speak to your best friend for a whole week because he drove off in a hell bender without you.

The most stressing factors in your life are spawn killers and ping times.

..... continue

Originally posted by Lee_Shagwell View Post
    Your girlfriend (presuming you still have one) knows your favourite map, vehicle and weapon.
    guilty as charged

and adding one:

Your girlfriend starts playing UT too!

Comment

Oh yeah!

You know you have been playing to much UT when you see a 4x4 and think, ARRRRGGH A HELLBENDER WHERES MY AVRIL/SHOCKRIFLE!!

Comment

-you try to flip over an upside down car by trying to locate the 'use' button on your body
        -when someone asks you 'how are you?', you reply with 'I'm at %h with %s. Oh, and I've got %a'
        -you can't remember what you used to do on friday nights
        -you're walking very carefully. When someone asks you what's wrong, you reply with "I'm at 100 adrenaline, but I don't want to waste it just yet!"
        -you mention your gaming clan rank in a job interview (guilty as charged!)

Comment

When you've just shaved your legs, and sat down to play, and when you're done playing, you need to shave them again.

Comment

-Someone says "OMG I hit speed by mistake" and you fully understand, and commiserate.
            -You've burnt more than one dinner because you're holding the flag.
            -You've missed your friend's wedding because of a ladder match.
            -One of your neighbors asks you what, "NEVER ABBANDON THE TANK!" means.
            -You're a month late on your car payments because "UT2k4 won't run on this card"
            -You have a CD in your car with only UT music, and you play it more than once a week.
            -You can remember your clan's birthdays, but not your family's.
            -You spend more time on TeamSpeak than the telephone.
            -You only watch TV if there is a show on that has a 5 second snippet about UT2KX. You miss most of it anyway because you had the flag and watch it later on GameTrailers.com
            -80% of the websites you visit have "unreal" or "ut" in the URL.
            -You're at a seminar and have to go to the bathroom and swear because there isn't a spectate button.
            -You admire people who are kind to new players and excell in teamwork rather than history's great leaders.
            -You've taken days off work because of the following: an important announcment, Cliffy is going to be on IRC, demo release and full game release.
            -Employees at Gamestop call you "the UT chick".
            -You have the GoDaddy notifier set up to inform you when any URL with "UT" in it comes available.
            -Whenever someone frags you and says "lag" you quote snippets from "I don't care why you suck".
            -You can draw the Unreal font, freehand.

Comment

When you accidentally say 'lol' when someone makes a funny joke

Comment

Originally posted by Finchy View Post
                I actually did that once, mainly because when im playing UT I have a habbit of saying out loud what I type. I said " el oo el" in the pub once and my mate goes "laugh out loud?, you need to log off son!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                  -
                  -You've burnt more than one dinner because you're holding the flag.
                  Omg I've done that so many times!!

I'm so glad I started this topic, at least I know there are other UT addicts out there!!

Comment

"When you start a conversation with random people about the Flak cannon... "

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                      -You've taken days off work because of the following: an important announcment, Cliffy is going to be on IRC, demo release and full game release.
                      dude, brings back memories...

Comment

Originally posted by Finchy View Post
                        I do that frequently.

>.>

Comment

While driving you catch a purpleish something in your peripheral vision and try to dodge-jump to the 'double damage'.

While watching movies you try to guess where they hid the LG.

Comment

Probably when you've read at least 4 of these threads. :P

(Thinking of some proper ones now)

Comment

when you wonder if you would be able to shield jump across the quad between dorms using berserk.

Comment

Working...
                              X