This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like DM-Redkin

I know I am in a minority here, but I just don't like it. No, it has nothing to do with performance. I really think the gameplay is nothing special either. I have played other maps which I find to have much better gameplay. Redkin just dosn't "flow" for me.

I also think there are a lot of things in redkin that look really out of place, and it's theme is very random. I also dont like all the ambientsounds. A few are ok, but they get taken to a new level in redkin. Also, the wooden boards are very over used and look repetitive.

All in all, I really dont see why people think it's so great, because, IMO, it is not. Is it just because Hourences made it? Because that's what it looks like to me.

i dont like yams

Comment

I like pie.

On topic: I've played Redkin but I can't remember it offhand, pic?

Comment

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8169

Comment

what a random thread :P

that map isnt even played ever

Comment

Redkin was just living off of Rankin's success. After that, it became clear that is was a horrible map with really annoying planes flying around. :c

Comment

I tried to download it a week or so ago. My internet dissonected halfway through... After about 3 hours of downloading it...

Comment

Are you still on dialup 28.8kbps? :lol:

I just downloaded this map the other day, not played it properly yet, that comes tomorrow, but it looks ok from having a quick run around in it late the other night.

Comment

You just won the award for most random thread.

The map looks nice and playes not bad although i liked rankin much more

Comment

Originally posted by BabyDoc
                    You just won the award for most random thread.
                    random?

This is the UT2004 part of the forums, is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
                      random?

This is the UT2004 part of the forums, is it not?
                      Yes... ...but making a thread about a custom maps someone dislikes...???????

I didn't like DM-SubstractedCube-v2-1337-ClanKillorzEdition-105_SE-SM, but do you see any threads about it ?????????

Comment

I don't like playing Redkin much either. It didn't draw me in like other maps do.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                          Yes... ...but making a thread about a custom maps someone dislikes...???????

I didn't like DM-SubstractedCube-v2-1337-ClanKillorzEdition-105_SE-SM, but do you see any threads about it ?????????
                          Yeah but the difference was that I thought redkin was widely embraced by the community and loved by all and the best map since aristocracy. I had been reading a lot of great things about it and it got pretty much perfect scores on nalicity.

Thats why I thought it was a bit strange that I disliked it.

Comment

Goose and Pistola are the only two custom maps I can think of that are really "embraced by the community."

Comment

The last time I played it, AFAIK, was on a INV-RPG server about 1 year ago. It was a good map actually, and I can remember it so well because after I played it, I quit, and got 2 lovely kittens afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X