Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Insta in 2k3 and 2k4 lag so bad?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Does Insta in 2k3 and 2k4 lag so bad?

Sorry i just do not get it ,i have a 80 to 110 ping on a server and the game is unplayable i spec guys with a 24 to 40 ping and they too have SHOTLAG WTF is up with this can someone explain so i understand? thank you..

They don't have shotlag, you lag and therefore the shots you see are lagged.

Comment

It doesn't lag anymore in UT2k* than it does in UT.

Stop smoking that peacepipe.

Comment

Actually it does and it's a problem that seems to affect a lot of us but nobody even cares (except us, of course). Imagine having 50 ping and it feels like 150. Like you're totally out of synch. I would understand in situations where there's packet loss but this isn't always the case.
        I just came to the forums after having some annoying match where with only 68 ping (yes, "only" as I usually play with 88+) I couldn't hit a thing. Even guys with higher pings were harder to hit. It's like the action is not synched with us or something.
        Oh, you'll see the ones agreeing with Magwa are the same ones that have been trying over and over to fix it without solution...

Comment

Only time I ever had a strange delay is on one of those XxxX Ultrafast 2x Lowgrav Insta Weirdcombo Strangebrightskin/hitsounds mod.

:x

Comment

I have an issue with it too, but that could be because my connection is horrible

Comment

I seem to have a very small time delay when shooting,i dont think it`s lag more like it`s build into ig.

Comment

It's the opposite for me, I can't see to get on a UT99 server with ping<80 (for any gametype)

Comment

i haven't had a lag problem with insta in 2004 at all... ut99 seems te be much more lag and packet-loss dependent then ut2003/2004

aiming and moving is a lot more fluid... at least with my pc/connection(5mbps)

Comment

solution

stop playing instagib

Comment

@ Boogie4prez, I bet you're lucky enough to play with low pings most of times and no P/L whatsoever, right? Oh, Bandwith has nothing to do with ping nor packet loss (I'm on a 8 mbps cable connection).

@ Kaiser, if you got nothing to say then don't say it at all. You spare energies and avoid flame threads. If you're bored then go play Tetris, Pacman or something.

@ the rest, this problem seems to be more noticeable (at least for me) according to the distance I am to the enemy. If I'm far away I have no "lag" or "pass trough" when shooting. If I'm very near it's like shooting at God knows where. Completely out of synch. This even if there's no net lag at all.

One thing is certain, useless to discuss it again as nobody will fix it and many will blame the player him/herself.

Comment

not playing it is a viable solution tyvm

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser
                          not playing it is a viable solution tyvm
                          Didn't you just post that in your previous spam post above?

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanWoman
                            Didn't you just post that in your previous spam post above?
                            hey look an equally worthless post

Comment

Working...
                            X