Best tactic to counter bunny hoppers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best tactic to counter bunny hoppers?

One of the biggest things that annoy me in game is that of bunny hoppers. What I mean is those that jump jump fire rox ( or flak), jump jump fire , jump jump fire and constantly repeat, jumping all around u. It is all good if they want to bunny hop when I have distance on them but if they catch me and get close I find it very hard to kill them with them bouncing me around. The best tactic Ive really only found is to dodge jump under them and confuse them getting a little distance so I can start my fire or make an escape. Any suggestions?

Study the hopper.
    Many of them stick to a pattern.

Fire, and back off quickly.
    Do not get into an in your face confrontation with them.
    Try that.

Comment

Shoot them

Comment

Jump with them

Comment

lots of explosive rounds, especially flak, and i just may try the bunny hop to see what info i can find out on the weakness of bunny hopping from their point, cause they probably would get really F*d up if you used a shock rifle to knock them back while mid air.

Comment

Deemer below them, they wont be able to hop away from that

Comment

Wait until they jump and throw a rocket or flak ball at the ground where they will be landing and finish them off with the primary shock. Unless of course they jump at you. You can also shock them back a bit to get in a better position.

The first seems to work best for me.

Comment

Against Bunny Thumpers try to stay inside wards and kite to avoid KDs. Blind and anti-melee hexes help too.

Comment

Just get in a tank and shoot him down.
                  Seriously: it's probably best to do what Flak said, and also don't forget to move yourself. The players that anoy me much are those that totally get nerves when you're shooting at them and start moving total random wich sometimes even results in a suicide of my side.

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y»
                    Just get in a tank and shoot him down.
                    Seriously: it's probably best to do what Flak said, and also don't forget to move yourself. The players that anoy me much are those that totally get nerves when you're shooting at them and start moving total random wich sometimes even results in a suicide of my side.
                    seems like a good strategy to me then

Comment

minigun: they wont be able to doublejump for some inane reason

Comment

Shaft them, then they can't jump obviously.. or just spam them because they move slow.. or even better

since you say it's close range, pull out the flak and prim flak them in the face, rather easy when they just jump around like that.

hf

Comment

Originally posted by DragonRagnarok
                          seems like a good strategy to me then
                          You should try it out.. it works great

Comment

I dont know why bunny hoppers annoy everyone so much! I mean, its just a strategy, its not like there killing anyone or (ok, bad example...) something that bad. Its just evasive manuevers... I resort to it every now-and-then (offline, can play online...).

Comment

aim, fire

seriously

Comment

Working...
                              X