Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walls are your friend

Comment

Wall dodges are the key to moving around fast on any map with great manuverability not just in dm/1v1, but in ctf if you've got the flag. I'd try to explain it, but that's never been my strong point. I'll just wait for someone like Boshka to come along and say it.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperGrendal
        If you're going from an upper level to a lower level area (and have some room to move) You can dodge jump towards a wall then dodge off the wall.
        You can't dodge into a wall and then dodge off of it, as you can only do 1 dodge in a sequence of moves. So, if you want to do a walldodge you have 3 options: (edit: not including shieldjumps)
        1. Jump into a wall.
        2. Doublejump into a wall.
        3. Fall against a wall from above.

Comment

Starting a dodge from a more elevated altitude causes you to stay in the air longer, and hence dodge farther.

Try it your self. Stand near a wall. Do a normal dodge jump. Mark where you land. Then, stand in the same spot, jump straight up, and wall kick jump.

Anywhere it would be profitable to dodge jump for greater speed, it would be more so profitable to jump > wall kick > jump. The less you touch the ground, the greater your speed will average.

Nosnos made a movie a while back, but it doesn't appear to still be at it's original host, and I can't find a mirror....

Battle applications are different and debateable because most of them are wholely dependent on your application of it, and your opponenets ability to anticipate it, and his experience with it. If it's completely new to you, worry about using it for transportation first.

Comment

Also you can use them to break a fall. It's handy to use when your falling down the side of a wall, about halfway down wall-dodge and you take much less damage.

Comment

watch any demo of any good player and you will immediately see the purpose. I would recommend scrmz. dude has the best movement skills I think I've seen.

Comment

How long is the shortest time gap between two dodges?
                When a bot is in a narrow corridor and tries to dodge off my attack, it wall dodges and as it falls on the ground, it instantly dodges to the opposite direction of the wall. That's almost no time gap between two dodges, but it seems unable for human to perform.

Comment

Originally posted by EggSuckingLeech
                  watch any demo of any good player and you will immediately see the purpose. I would recommend scrmz. dude has the best movement skills I think I've seen.
                  Yeah, scrmz movement is definitely the best I've ever seen. I've learned a lot of great tricks from watching his demo's.

Originally posted by R0An
                  How long is the shortest time gap between two dodges?
                  When a bot is in a narrow corridor and tries to dodge off my attack, it wall dodges and as it falls on the ground, it instantly dodges to the opposite direction of the wall. That's almost no time gap between two dodges, but it seems unable for human to perform.
                  Bots are stupid and with all stupid things, they can do things that human players can't. For example, dodging without the delay, or being able to dodge off any surface on a map.

Comment

Working...
                  X