Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest game ever?

Hi everybody

My friend and I have recently been enjoying the wonders of lan gaming. We usually play CTF against each other cos it gives him a chance of winning

This weekend we were playing UT2k4 with 32 bots and us each on opposing teams. when the first map of the maplist loaded and it was that 1on1 map where you start by the side of the opposition's flag and have to run down the centre corridor to the opposite side to score.
    That was the longest game I've ever played with UT! we had a 20 minute time limit and when that was up it was still nil-nil as each of us had 16 bots helping! After almost 2½ hours, into sudden death time, one of my bots managed to get the flag to the other side and win the game for me. **** things kept taking the flag and camping on the RL most of the game!
    I ended up with over 1300 frags and my mate had over 1100

It just got me thinking. What's the longest game on a single map other people have played?

CTF-Niven (Sniper Arena UT) 2 hours and 48 minutes. Red team wins with a cap by Spline.

Comment

Cannot remember the exact number of minutes:

5 overtimes on Dawn (each round app. 27 to 29 minutes, maybe a little longer)
      so lets do the math: 5 * 28 = 140 minutes = 2 hours and 20 minutes...

hm, when I think about it, I remeber quikshot telling us that one match he joined late as spectator was 139 minutes... ..and that wasn't the longest...

anyways: It was around 2 hours and 20 to 30 minutes

Comment

I think i may have played in that game. Anyway it was Dawn and lasted around 2-2.5 hours with several people on 300+ scores.

I also once had a game of 1v1 on Dawn and that lasted a fair while.

Comment

Leauge match 3rd map Tiebreaker Ut99 CTFExtortion Insta 2 hours 14 min we won 2 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by Luseferous
            I think i may have played in that game. Anyway it was Dawn and lasted around 2-2.5 hours with several people on 300+ scores.

I also once had a game of 1v1 on Dawn and that lasted a fair while.
            We had several matches that long...

Comment

I can't play this game for more than 30 minutes straight online, so matches are never that long...

Comment

[shot]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/rahkogen/Screenshots/UT20046-27-2006BollwerkRuins-MLUTEd.jpg[/shot]
                1:10
                This was a long map, came in in the middle as one teammate needed to go to work in the middle. I couldne capture the screenshot in time before they started to leave.

Comment

5 map overtime on ONS-DryIce...the original. I had no feeling in my head after that.

Comment

Earlier this year, I was around, and played the semi-final of the CB ONS cup v/s Lieb. On 2 different servers, I think 3 or 4 were tested(ping issues); for 5 rounds(and maps) lasting a total of 3h30min with 4 out of 5 rounds going to overtime. The actual play time exluding all the server changes might have been around 2h45min+ I would guess. Longest game I can remember.

Lost 2-3. Very long. Not the best game I played but a very good one, full of comebacks on both sides (lost on Apocalypse after we had already got their core down to around 50%). Almost made me want to play UT2004 seriously again.

Comment

Longest match? Probably messing around on deck17 for well over an hour, but the longest competitive match I've played in was an 80 minute VCTF match on Backbone against k1 while I was in bic.

Comment

Originally posted by A_Spec
                        5 map overtime on ONS-DryIce...the original. I had no feeling in my head after that.
                        94% of the time all players were travelling the huuuuuuuuuuuuge areas between the actual nodes...

Comment

Wow, so many long games
                          We're going to lower the bot count for future games. It's fun playing till someone wins though when the odds are so highly stacked against anyone winning

Comment

i think about 24 hours.. yep u are reading correctly.

iCTF-Drunkletpro

All was well and the scores were tied

then

some guy lagged out while carrying the flag and it disappeared with him lol.

The game stayed on permanent overtime and nobody could score lol. It even mashed mapvote so we were stuck there.

I left and rejoined many times during

Admins didnt restart the server for a day or so.

So even though it wasnt a real fair match its the longest game i was ever part of

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                              94% of the time all players were travelling the huuuuuuuuuuuuge areas between the actual nodes...
                              Yeah, thank God the size was clipped by 60%. The newer version is actually quite playable.

Comment

Working...
                              X