Welcome Guys from Old Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    PS: With the GF7600GT with UT in 1600x1200, my KILL abilities have gone up and when I accidently hit the WINDOWS key, it takes 1 second to JUMP back into the game rather than 10~15 seconds like the ATI9800Pro. Also, MAPS load up twice as fast.
    hmm, i have the logitech g15, so i just deaktivate the windows keys while gaming

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You could just pry the windows key off...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I didn't do it... But it was nice of Atari and Epic to work together on this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, and thanks for getting my account transferred

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi I'm from over at the Atari forum too. Didn't know it was closing till it already was tho

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually, better than a registry entry (that needs to be turned on and off) - the program, I HATE THIS KEY works much nicer. The free version just does Windows. The Pro version doe several other keys - such as locking the stupid M$ F-Key on M$ Keyboards and some other keys. www.bytegems.com

UberBone vbmenu_register("postmenu_24612240", true); - you got a sick mind... er, I don't use my UT04 handle here - but it kinda matches your tag.

hey.. this here NERF gun kinda looks like its from UT...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow a tool for disable windows key hehehe

a fixed problem in game hehehe

original

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Compiler
    I sell #2s to buy parts for incoming #1s

eww ..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi and welcome to the forums.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Compiler, here is a fix for your windows key

http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuf...e_windows_key/

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Welcome Guys from Old Forum

Welcome Guys from Old Forum

Some of us have come from the Atari Forum, hopefully more will show... as even I myself took a few weeks to get around to coming by to re-register.

It was amazing Atari kept it up for so long, with many questions asking about the UT2007 game, which Atari is not involved with. So now, we have a place to talk about our current game and a PROPER place to talk about UT2007 which many of us are HOPING will be the AWSOME game it looks to be.

I am still introducing people to UT2004, via the DEMO and the low cost of $10~20 for the retail versions.

Something I was just about to POST at the old place before it was locked... I had upgraded to a new video card that UT04 runs very good in and MAY work okay for UT07. This is something to KEEP in mind when youre buying a new PC (or upgrading) now instead of waiting until UT07 comes out (which I was kind of doing).

Any thing new today is using PCI-Express. When UT04 was new, your choices were GF4 and ATI8500 video cards. With my last #1 PC (now #2, I sell #2s to buy parts for incoming #1s) being an ATI9800Pro/AMD32-3000, I had a top line system 2 years ago. AGP is no longer worth buying if you want performance.

My new system with the weak AMD64-3000 (compared to the 3500/3800 or 4600) is a small jump faster than my old system, but it was free. I wanted something very fast - for a good price. I could have bought the GF7900GT online for $240 - which is a good price considering that retail stores sell 7600GS and ATI1600 for about $190~220 that are not even half as fast.

But I want a system to be as quiet as possible, especially with an Antech P160 case. I went with the Gigabyte 7600GT heatpipe solution. Its about $170 on Newegg (Normal FAN versions are $150) and so I didn't need to add an aftermarket fanless device... also a girlfriend's new 7600GS fan was failing after 4 weeks and is LOOOUD! This card has been reviewed as keeping the GPU cooler than a fan version.

Performance?: 3DMark shows this card to be about 4 times faster than my 9800Pro. In real life with UT2004. I went from 1024x768 AA2 HIGH detail settings to 1600x1200 AA4/AF HIGHEST/max details.

9800 pro = AVG 60fps on a large complex map (and sometimes lower)
    7600GT = AVG 85fps on same map... higher details to boot.

I bought this for TODAY and because this system is a hold-over until UT2007 for a low price. Most games run VERY fast on this card. Ananadtech recenly ran a group roundup with mid-high end cards and the difference between the GF7900 was only 10~20fps in most games in 1600x1200. The ATI 1900XT was of course a LOT faster than the 7900GT.

A week after I installed the GF7600GT, ATI came out with the 1900GT which is about $275 - but should DROP to $220 or less since the 1900XT was $450 and now goes for $350 and the 256mb version is $300~325.

But I figure STILL - I have a fanless video card for half the price of a top-end card that plays todays game very good and when UT07 comes out, tomorrows $300 card will be twice as fast as today's $500 or SLI/CF setups.

PS: With the GF7600GT with UT in 1600x1200, my KILL abilities have gone up and when I accidently hit the WINDOWS key, it takes 1 second to JUMP back into the game rather than 10~15 seconds like the ATI9800Pro. Also, MAPS load up twice as fast.
Working...
X