Configuring UT2K4 to lean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring UT2K4 to lean

I tried asking this in the 2K4 forums but I was told to ask it in here then it was closed. I'd like to be able to lean in UT2K4. I'd like to add a few lines into the user.ini bind a few keys to the lean commands. Can anyone with another Unreal Engine based game check to see what's written in as these commands? I wrote and bound a 180' turn into the user.ini already, so I don't see how a basic lean can be much different. It feels like I've tried everything and looked everywhere, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Apologies, moving it back to UT2k4. I thought you said "Unreal 2" in that thread.

Comment

Binding a movement that is already listed in the source is one thing, but if the mocve isn't in the source, you can't bind it. Unreal Engine 2.5 may have the capability to lean the player, but there is no lean function that I'm aware of in UT2004. Have you actually viewed the source code? I know it's lot to search through, but that is the first place to look.

Tbh, this is a good question to put in the Programming and UnrealScript Forum.

Comment

There is no lean function built in to UT2k4, you would have to program it yourself. A few mods (mine included) have leaning as a movement but there are are several issues that complicate it (not the least of which is hitdetection and visibility to bots). I don't really think the UT2k4 weapons/gameplay would benefit from leaning as it is really only useful for being a smaller target against hitscan weapons or maybe scoping an area out before entering.

Comment

how to bind a 180 turn, what's the command for it?

edit: found out... turns around too slow to be useful

Comment

Working...
          X