How to play user-made maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to play user-made maps?

Sometimes, I wanna play by myself or host a user-made map, but everytime I go to the choose map menu, only the standard out-of-the-box maps are there. How can I add user-maps to the list of choices so I can play them? Thanks in advance!

you must be talking about the maps you download online when you join a server. You can use agent.ini to convert them so that you can play them in single player. There's a bunch of different ways to convert cached maps to full single player maps.

Comment

I assume that you mean user made maps you've downloaded while playing online?

If so, you need to extract them from your cache. There is a way to do it manually, but there's several programs that make it easier to view & extract your cache. Try UTCache, available here:

http://www.calvert.ch/utcache/

They'll then be added to your list so you can play them offline.

Comment

If you have the custom maps in your maps folder by what ever means you choose that is either by downloading them and manually installing those or by taking maps from your cashe folder that you downloaded from servers you will then need to go into your games interface menu for set up.

Those in the cashe you can just look in the cashe.ini and match the name to the cashe file and rename properly or use a tool as described above..

Once in the games interface menu if you want to do instant action then choose that first then choose the gametype then you will probably need to "untick" the "only official maps" box or you wont see any custom maps!

For the server you will need to [from that same menu area] click on the "maplist configuration" and add all the inactive maps to the active maps side then start the server!

You can also play those maps directly from the maps folder by clicking on them 1 or 2 times but you have to make sure that in the propeties of those maps, "Opens with" is the UT2003/4.exe icon. If not there is a change to tab right next to that in the properties box usually and you can set those to open with the exe!

Good Luck..:up:

Comment

hello, i've read you'r comment.. and i tried it.. but the new maps wont work. all my maps are unr files maybe cause it's not the same it wont work.. how do i get unr maps? i mean.. is there any way to convert the new maps i downloaded?

Comment

.unr is for ut99 so it will never work (since you said in another thread it was ut2003).

Comment

but the unr are the files i have on my unreal 2003..
              so.. how could this be?
              wait.. u say that my ut 2003 is actually ut99? so i sould search for ut99 maps?

Comment

No, he means you downloaded Unreal Tournament maps instead of UT2k3. Make sure you are downloading from the UT2003 section of the site you are downloading from.

Comment

Working...
                X