Need help convincing someone to change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help convincing someone to change

Whenever me and my friend called Renegade play in the same server he ALWAYS makes up excuses when i kill him. He especially hates it when i use flak or rockets against him, he starts whining about how much a noob i am and i dont know how to use LG and stuff like that (Which i do).
    I know i was kinda like that before i met a guy at the TG server and convinced me that all weapons have a purpose, and if someone kills you with flak or rockets it means he used the right weapon at the right time and it's the exact opposite of noobiness.

Anyone got any words of wisdom to say to him? Since im going to show it to him to try and convince him that he's wrong

Tell him that all weapons in the game require special skill, and in fact, the shock rifle is disproportionately good. So by killing him with rox and flak, you're really demonstrating more skill than his aim-based lightning and shock kills.

Comment

Tell him to shut up and play.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak

Comment

If he can't dodge your rockets or flak then it's him that has a problem with his playing style, not you.

Comment

Originally posted by KoperniK
            If he can't dodge your rockets or flak then it's him that has a problem with his playing style, not you.
            Bingo!

Comment

Tell him if he dosen't like the game, he can play something easier and less fun. Then tell him to say hi to Master Cheif.

Comment

I was thinking Sarge and Major...

Comment

Why do you have to justify for the weapon you prefer. As far as I’m concerned you can use any weapon available to you. If someone was complaining about my weapon choice that would just reaffirm to me that my weapon choice and tactic are the right ones.

Comment

Complaining about weapon use? I had that once.

His kill/death ratio was almost the same as mine, except backwards.

Comment

I dont know anyone that complains in UT

Comment

Originally posted by AL777
                        I was thinking Sarge and Major...
                        I was thinking UT99...

Comment

Originally posted by EFA11
                          I dont know anyone that complains in UT
                          you do toooooooo...

Comment

I've come to the realization that projectile weapons require more skill than hitscan(especially in low-ping environments)
                            Hitscan: Keep crosshair on your opponent when you fire
                            Projectile: Predict where your opponent is going to be when the weapon hits

In other words, keep smoking his **** with whatever you want and if he gripes, take Flak's advice
                            Originally posted by [NBS]Flak

Comment

Spam weapons require much more reflexes than skill in up and close combat.

The real skill is getting that close to your opponent to begin with...

Landing a nade, bio glob, flak shell and trio rocket spiral on someone far away .... takes great skill .. or great luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X