X-Fi Sound card questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Fi Sound card questions.

I'm sure there are people who have bought the low end version of the card and those that have bought the X-Fi Fatal1ty version.

What kind of performance increase in FPS do you get in UT2004 say over the audigy or audigy 2 cards?

Especially concerning EAX because it seems like when you turn that on and you have more then a few people in the game it lowers your FPS.

I would think if this technology is really good, and you have 64 MB of memory onboard that if you turned on EAX I would expect you FPS not to lower at all anymore, but thats why I'm posting here I want to see what people say that actually bought the card.

Not much I'd imagine.

Comment

It's not made to increase the FPS, it's made to add special effects like EAX without decreasing performance. Of course, if you put an X-fi in a really low end system, EAX will still probably decrease FPS. BTW, UT2004 uses EAX 3.0, the Audigy2 supports up to EAX 4.0 and the X-fi up to 5.0. So in UT2004, there should not be a big difference between the two. In games like BF2 which fully take advantage of the X-fi the difference would be bigger.

Comment

I get average 250 - 300 FPS on max settings at 1024 x 768, so I can imagine my X-Fi doing a good job along with the rest of my system.

Comment

I got the cheap x-fi card and my FPS don't change a bit, eax on or off. I also get 150+FPS constantly on all maps, soo yea

Is there any real difference, like performance wise, between the cheap x-fi cards (mine was like 100 bucks) and the super expensive fatal1ty one?

Comment

After I bought my X-Fi Xtrememusic sound card my LG accuracy increased by 15%.

Comment

Originally posted by garcia_y_vega
              I got the cheap x-fi card and my FPS don't change a bit, eax on or off. I also get 150+FPS constantly on all maps, soo yea

Is there any real difference, like performance wise, between the cheap x-fi cards (mine was like 100 bucks) and the super expensive fatal1ty one?
              There is probably a difference but not big enough to really be worth the extra money.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank
                In games like BF2 which fully take advantage of the X-fi the difference would be bigger.
                I have an X-FI Fatal1ty and some Logitech 5500's... BF2 sounds just excellent...

:up:

Comment

Originally posted by SWG_Victim
                  After I bought my X-Fi Xtrememusic sound card my LG accuracy increased by 15%.
                  Oo Anyway it is just what MartinBlank said, i have it to and didn't got the extra fps

Comment

This Soundcard really increase FPS? Or is this a joke? I thought a better Videocard can only increase FPS... correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

You are wrong, audio cards take care of operations regarding audio that would otherwise be performed by the processor. So better audio cards definately increase FPS, but not nearly as much as better video cards would.

Comment

I was using my onboard sound for a while until I saved up the money for an X-Fi. I saw a difference...I think. Things seemed faster and smoother, but I really noticed how much better things sounded. I would only get a sound card for better sound quality not a performance increase.

Comment

lol wtf, i just checked the X-Fi Fatal1ty soundcard... it cost like more then $200! I thought soundcards are like $100 Max :noob:
                          Guess i can better buy another good videocard then a soundcard

Comment

The Fatal1ty is just a logo, I bet the other X-Fi's are just as good and are much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi
                              The Fatal1ty is just a logo, I bet the other X-Fi's are just as good and are much cheaper.
                              Hope so, i'm using the one from my computer... dunno if there's allot of different between my and a new soundcard

Comment

Working...
                              X