Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Drunk Penguin
    Unreal Tournament is very much a community immersive game. You make yourself and your clan noticed. The story is a nice way to explain why the characters, maps, vehicles, and weapons are there, but its the players that shape this game.
    Not really its just used as a tool to play and chit chat against other players and clans since theres no real way to immerse oneself in the game, theres no storyline to follow and theres nothing one can do to alter what, how and to do things...

So far UT hasent had much in the way of a storyline map descriptions are short and uninformative, weapon descriptions are poorly done and dosent go into any depth to make them seem atleast plausible, and veichle spechs arent much more than crude info hastily written down on a paper napkin...

Theres no user friendly way of keeping tabs on other players or clans within UT to keep contact with, look over scores or otherwise follow their progress...

The community isnt Epic thus its not official material and is at best unoffical third party material...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unreal Tournament is very much a community immersive game. You make yourself and your clan noticed. The story is a nice way to explain why the characters, maps, vehicles, and weapons are there, but its the players that shape this game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DavenH
    Do you remember what the title of that thread was? I cannot find it...
    No, sorry... ...but AFAIK it was not about the storyline itself.

THe thread turned in that direction and people discussed things like the respawn devce keeping the atoms of the player that died for the last 10 seconds of this life, so that the scars are still stored in the atom-store-buffer....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuegerstef
    They have respawn-devices.

It says so in the official UC2 description. In the final 1on1 battle in UC2 these respawn devices are disabled, resulting in permant death for the loser.

For further description (of the scar-stuff) use the search function on this forum. There had been a thread about all that.

Do you remember what the title of that thread was? I cannot find it...

But in the end (and this might end your questions): It is a game....
    Not a chance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm sure UT2007 will have an interesting storyline.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yhe story line better be We fixed the lagggggggggggggggggggggggggg in Insta gib...the netcode works this time.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hydro
    Doesn't UT2004 has one?
    It just continues over the UT's, starting from UT99.
    UT2004 is the face off between Gorge's team to Malcolm's, no?
    Ive seen better storylines written down on napkins using tomato sauce as ink than UT2004's

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't understand how Brock died. How do you die permanently in a tournament in which you can just be respawned?

And how did Malcom's spine permanently snap? And those various scars they talk about, how do they remain?
    They have respawn-devices.

It says so in the official UC2 description. In the final 1on1 battle in UC2 these respawn devices are disabled, resulting in permant death for the loser.

For further description (of the scar-stuff) use the search function on this forum. There had been a thread about all that.

But in the end (and this might end your questions): It is a game....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't understand how Brock died. How do you die permanently in a tournament in which you can just be respawned?

And how did Malcom's spine permanently snap? And those various scars they talk about, how do they remain?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That might be going a little to far.:bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to see a UT sports movie. Ya know, slow motion replays of a final shock combo and they guy/girl's parents crying in the crowd. It would be like a really gory version of Brian's Story.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Slam_Shifty
    i think ut2007 would be more popular if single player was an actual full sp game like unreal or unreal2 (but ten times better then previous installments)
    They will NOT make something better than unreal.

And ut2007 isn't supposed to be a single player game, there won't be any real single player experience, unless you want it be ut2012.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think ut2007 would be more popular if single player was an actual full sp game like unreal or unreal2 (but ten times better then previous installments)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    /me waits for unreal tournament, the movie
    woot! :P

Originally posted by Frenris
    Announcer: Mr. Crow? what's your point of view?

Mr. Crow: I like to eat brains!
    :haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The ultimate is Unreal 3 with Unreal Tournament as the MP!!! The best of both worlds!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X