A UT2K7 Storyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    On another note a UT style MMOFPS would be t3h omgwtfbbqpwnagegibkill ffs! M I RITE?

But yea, storyline wise I would love some cutscenes, rendered in game engine would stil be absolutely gorgeous in between matches. Like short movies that occur with announcers, and like pre-game banter between commentator's on who they think will win the match, etc...

Announcer: What do you think is the tournament's greatest success and what influence do you think it is having on society?

Malcom: Personally I think Liandri is helping people to think in new ways, and that's a great thing. Before everyone was trying to find intellectual ways around problems, and with liandri's help we're discovering there is a second way, through force; our society had been becoming increasingly dependant on intellectuals, disenfrachising brawn and now people who don't necessarily have smarts, but have points where it counts our turning around and going 'hey! where's our fair share!'

For example that reality show that we created an assualt event in tribute to. That's what we're talking about, and that's what the Tournament is bringing to society. And its really an amazing gift."

Announcer: Mr. Crow? what's your point of view?

Mr. Crow: I like to eat brains!

*audience breaks into laughter*

Announcer: That's all the time we have for now please stay tuned for a message from our sponsors, and we'll get back to you after the match to recap the mistakes the contestants made and interview both the winner and loser.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cal_Gore
    If they redid the UT opening in UE3 instead of what will probably be the nvidia logo that would be story enough for me
    Agreed, the voice over during the Liandri flyby set the scene plenty.
    Little details like the background to the As maps, also give you all you really need about the setting, in a multiplayer FPS what more do ya want?

I' love to see a team make a bloody wonderful SP game, like ONP was for UT99, with the same weaps, movement & all that malarky, and for that a detaild storyline would work well, but for UT-proper an overall setting backed up by a touch of detail in the map descriptions is per-lenty.

Originally posted by Magwa
    the storyline better be I CAN SEE THE PLAYERS.....
    :haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hehe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the storyline better be I CAN SEE THE PLAYERS.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DavenH
    /me waits for unreal tournament, the movie
    that's gonna be released as the direct box office competitor to q3a: the movie LOL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    /me waits for unreal tournament, the movie

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hydro
    When did Jakob appear? Oo

Hm, I add Lauren to the list. UT2003 Lauren was hot too
    Lauren was better in UT99, identical to Ivana I believe, someone posted a picture of her in the "UT2k7 wishlist" thread, 2nd last page or so.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
    I like that there is a story to go along with the game. I just wish it wasn't so all over the place because it gets me confused lol. I do love that the necris are coming back though and play an important role. Would be cool if some of the currenct characters came back as necris in 2k7.

Satin- Age: 27 Race: Human / It was only five years ago that an Imperial Dreadnaught captured her clan's vessel and brought its human cargo to the slave docks of Briggan IV. The dock master kept her for himself but his unwanted attentions earned him a crushed larynx and death. Overseer Driak, who had always despised the dockmaster, took an instant liking to the girl and trained her for the Tournaments. Satin soon grew tired of her life as a slave and was killed by the Briggan IV guards in an escape attempt. The Necris resurrected her as a friend for Lauren, who has suffered bouts of madness and delusions since her ordeal with the Necris Process. They have become allies and confidants and Lauren's suffering has all but ended.

yeah, I was bored. lol
    i almost...liked it
    /me runs ut2004 to read character bios

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If they redid the UT opening in UE3 instead of what will probably be the nvidia logo that would be story enough for me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like that there is a story to go along with the game. I just wish it wasn't so all over the place because it gets me confused lol. I do love that the necris are coming back though and play an important role. Would be cool if some of the currenct characters came back as necris in 2k7.

Satin- Age: 27 Race: Human / It was only five years ago that an Imperial Dreadnaught captured her clan's vessel and brought its human cargo to the slave docks of Briggan IV. The dock master kept her for himself but his unwanted attentions earned him a crushed larynx and death. Overseer Driak, who had always despised the dockmaster, took an instant liking to the girl and trained her for the Tournaments. Satin soon grew tired of her life as a slave and was killed by the Briggan IV guards in an escape attempt. The Necris resurrected her as a friend for Lauren, who has suffered bouts of madness and delusions since her ordeal with the Necris Process. They have become allies and confidants and Lauren's suffering has all but ended.

yeah, I was bored. lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When did Jakob appear? Oo

Hm, I add Lauren to the list. UT2003 Lauren was hot too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No that's UT2k3, and Gorge won. We don't know who wins UT2K4.

Things we do know--
    --In the past the default character has won the tournament, Jakob was the default character for Ut2k4
    --In UT2k7 Jakob has his own team
    --In UT2k7 there will be a much greater emphasis on the Necris
    --In UC2 (which is considered to either be an alternate Unreal or in the future, as it is said Malcom won the tournament 7 times) Lauren and Brock both died and were ressurrected as Necris
    --Satin/Sappire is hot.

Take from that what you will, but there is enough stuff there to make a decent storyline, and I sure hope they do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Doesn't UT2004 has one?
    It just continues over the UT's, starting from UT99.
    UT2004 is the face off between Gorge's team to Malcolm's, no?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AL777
    What's a storyline?
    THis is when two people on a server tell each other storys... ...line by line.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What's a storyline?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X