The day you aquired your UT2004 copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I forget the exact day but i know is was sometime in middle of may 2004.

not a very epic or exciting story at all

All I did was walk into Gamestop and browse, i saw it and said "hmm, that looks interesting enough", bought it, and thats it....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [EH]Xenocide
    I think I've seen him say he's from Brazil
    thats right
    every new game that ships is like 100 bucks here
    quake 4 nfsu most wanted and other like that are still 99.90 :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bhz9294
    If you remember the exact date you purchased a game and the events that happened that day (barring no other big events), you've got some issues, lol.
    I do actually, but one of my strong suits is remembering the exact date of events. Sometimes all I need to have is a calendar cause usually I remember what day of the week it was.

23 October 2004.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i got it a few days before the offical rls

bez i live outside US, and they had the same rls, data over the whole world. so they shiped the game to europe a bit before i got it off the importer
    two of about 100 special edition in Europe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fox Hound
    What? Where the hell do you live? o_O
    I think I've seen him say he's from Brazil

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nuclear hazard
    got my 110 bucks (yeah yeah)
    What? Where the hell do you live? o_O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you remember the exact date you purchased a game and the events that happened that day (barring no other big events), you've got some issues, lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I went through that Best Buy "pre-order" BS. But I got the special limited edition the first day it was in the store.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I didn't have enough money for a second lap dance so I drove home and stopped at the local mall. I did have enough for the game, bought it and drove home. Got my wife to do the lap dance for me...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    got the game on the 15th of August 2004 in a Canadian mall in the town of Kelowna.

then I jumped on a plane...traveled 8000km's and popped it into my brandnew rig.

I wouldn't be surprised if I am the one person that actually crossed an ocean to play this game.

It was the first thing I played after being away from home for a year.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I drove to the store, pulled a copy off the shelf, stood in line, paid for it, then left the store and went home. I then installed the game and played it with no problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got mine around december of 2005

I always played the original UT on dreamcast and man it kicked so much ***, i even played online with my dreamcast.

Well first i went to target and they wanted 40 bux for it so i said screw your price and walked out. Then i went to FRY's electronics looking to buy some ram and there i saw it randomly placed by the ram selection for 29.99. I bought it and drove home for instalation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I preordered mine 3 months before the release. Just after I ordered it I heard that the release has been delayed... Again. :C

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heh, here's a short soundclip of japanese dialogue. Translation's by Anime-Keep (I can only understand half of what they're saying )

Psycho: You say he's going to be killed by a Japanese man soon? Johan said that to some children?
    Interviewer: Yeah. What do you think of what he said?
    Psycho: I'll tell you straight out; he doesn't have a death wish.
    Interviewer: Then what did he mean?
    Psycho: Who knows... a hero's thoughts are complicated. However... however I can tell you this much. Even if the world was wiped out by a nuclear war, he would still survive.

Note how words are often multiple syllables, the intonation is very similar to english (although more exaggerated), and there are words with the letter R in them. (conversely, AFAIK chinese is monosyllabic, the tone at which you say a word determines it's meaning and there are no Rs)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nov4
    got .wav?
    Yeah but I don't prefer to use it; *.mp3/*.wma pwns all! BTW Nov4 is my b-day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X