The day you aquired your UT2004 copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NicAgent
    Nope. Might have been though if it was done in English... seems like that guy is Japanese - strange, considering how he is able to use English in these forums; must have used a translator.
    Nope. It's Chinese not Japanese. Not strange at all because I learn English. Hence I am able to translate what I spoke into English subtitles and post message in this forum. Besides a translator sucks for it can't translate things like "I was pwning a n00b but got banned right away cuz they found me botting".

Comment

Originally posted by R0An
      Nope. It's Chinese not Japanese. Not strange at all because I learn English. Hence I am able to translate what I spoke into English subtitles and post message in this forum. Besides a translator sucks for it can't translate things like "I was pwning a n00b but got banned right away cuz they found me botting".
      Whatever; I can't really tell between Chinese and Japanese - they are both a little too similar. But considering that you know English well enough to use these forums, I would expect that you could have shot that YouTube video in English. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by NicAgent
        Whatever; I can't really tell between Chinese and Japanese - they are both a little too similar.
        They're less similar than Yiddish and French, to be honest.
        If you hear Japanese and Chinese after each other along with someone telling you which is which, there's no way you'll ever fail to tell them apart again.

Comment

got .wav?

Comment

Originally posted by Nov4
            got .wav?
            Yeah but I don't prefer to use it; *.mp3/*.wma pwns all! BTW Nov4 is my b-day.

Comment

Heh, here's a short soundclip of japanese dialogue. Translation's by Anime-Keep (I can only understand half of what they're saying )

Psycho: You say he's going to be killed by a Japanese man soon? Johan said that to some children?
              Interviewer: Yeah. What do you think of what he said?
              Psycho: I'll tell you straight out; he doesn't have a death wish.
              Interviewer: Then what did he mean?
              Psycho: Who knows... a hero's thoughts are complicated. However... however I can tell you this much. Even if the world was wiped out by a nuclear war, he would still survive.

Note how words are often multiple syllables, the intonation is very similar to english (although more exaggerated), and there are words with the letter R in them. (conversely, AFAIK chinese is monosyllabic, the tone at which you say a word determines it's meaning and there are no Rs)

Comment

I preordered mine 3 months before the release. Just after I ordered it I heard that the release has been delayed... Again. :C

Comment

Got mine around december of 2005

I always played the original UT on dreamcast and man it kicked so much ***, i even played online with my dreamcast.

Well first i went to target and they wanted 40 bux for it so i said screw your price and walked out. Then i went to FRY's electronics looking to buy some ram and there i saw it randomly placed by the ram selection for 29.99. I bought it and drove home for instalation

Comment

I drove to the store, pulled a copy off the shelf, stood in line, paid for it, then left the store and went home. I then installed the game and played it with no problems.

Comment

got the game on the 15th of August 2004 in a Canadian mall in the town of Kelowna.

then I jumped on a plane...traveled 8000km's and popped it into my brandnew rig.

I wouldn't be surprised if I am the one person that actually crossed an ocean to play this game.

It was the first thing I played after being away from home for a year.

Comment

I didn't have enough money for a second lap dance so I drove home and stopped at the local mall. I did have enough for the game, bought it and drove home. Got my wife to do the lap dance for me...

Comment

I went through that Best Buy "pre-order" BS. But I got the special limited edition the first day it was in the store.

Comment

If you remember the exact date you purchased a game and the events that happened that day (barring no other big events), you've got some issues, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear hazard
                              got my 110 bucks (yeah yeah)
                              What? Where the hell do you live? o_O

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Hound
                                What? Where the hell do you live? o_O
                                I think I've seen him say he's from Brazil

Comment

Working...
                                X