The day you aquired your UT2004 copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well
    I ordered it (UT2004: Editors' Choice Edition) on a web site and finally got the box in December of 2004. I was extremely excited and felt like exploding cuz, you know, I really looked forward to this game.
    However... during that period I couldn't open it because I had to finish the college entrance examination which would take place on July 1st, 2005. As a result, I placed the box carefully in a bookcase, watching, fondling and adoring it everyday as I passed the bookcase. When the examination was finally over, I opened it, joyfully.
    This was how I opened it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1WxBE_qk20
    8 months... 8 months... I've been waiting for this for 8 months... you'll never know how painful it felt during the months... but that has passed. I'm playing it everyday :haha:
    When I started to play it, I was a little worried because it had been a period of time after the release of the game. Now, it proved that the community still exists. I'm very glad.

Comment

i was playing ut2003 on my regular server and the server list was practically empty. The server was empty and somebody joined we played and talked alittle. then i said **** it i'm goin to get the game right now. So i did... the end

Comment

bought it after school 2 day's after it hit the stores in the netherlands

Comment

went to my local gamestop about a half an hour after they opened on the day of release. i bought their first copy (special edition) and the people that were there didn't even know what UT was. :weird:

i remember being surprised at how many people were online at 11am that morning. does everyone remember how often people were checking their voice chat? :haha:

Comment

First day it came out , only guy to be getting it from local EB games apparently. UT isn't that popular around here...which makes buying it a whole lot easier.

Comment

After two days and much hassling about the CD key, i figured out that damned A actually was a R. Pixelwise difference there. I hope that doesn't happen again with UT2007. :sour:

Comment

Originally posted by A-1
                went to my local gamestop about a half an hour after they opened on the day of release. i bought their first copy (special edition) and the people that were there didn't even know what UT was. :weird:

i remember being surprised at how many people were online at 11am that morning. does everyone remember how often people were checking their voice chat? :haha:
                The Gamespot/EBgames' employee's ignorance of PC games in general is, from my experiences, staggering. If it has to do with Mario, they're your guys, but if it runs on a PC, they look at you with a mix of confusion and utter disinterest.

Comment

It was Saturday, 23 October 2004. I happened to want some new video games, with UT2004 one of my ambitions.

So I went to my nearby EB Games, and picked out the first game I wanted (Zelda: The Wind Waker; yeah shocking haha), and then I looked for UT2004. Went all thorugh the PC shelves and got a little scared cause I couldn't find it, but eventually did, and wasted no time grabbing it off the shelf for its purchase.

Comment

I bought it on the third day of a school trip to New York City.

Man were the fourth and fifth days painful.

Comment

Originally posted by R0An
                      This was how I opened it:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1WxBE_qk20
                      8 months... 8 months... I've been waiting for this for 8 months... you'll never know how painful it felt during the months... but that has passed. I'm playing it everyday :haha:
                      That is probably the best video on YouTube. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvelli
                        assuming that all the videos in yuotube are supposed to be funny and weird
                        :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvelli
                          Nope. Might have been though if it was done in English... seems like that guy is Japanese - strange, considering how he is able to use English in these forums; must have used a translator.

Comment

Originally posted by NicAgent
                            Nope. Might have been though if it was done in English... seems like that guy is Japanese - strange, considering how he is able to use English in these forums; must have used a translator.
                            You've never heard Japanese before in your life have you?

Comment

Not ssure if it was the first day of release, or the next. But I purchased 3 copies of the DVD special edition. :heart:
                              Played so much my hands would go numb. Still do actually

Comment

The day it came out, went to store 3 hours before opening. HUGE line. Person right in front of me got last copy. Nearly killed someone. Bought from other store for half the price later that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X