The last weapon you pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last weapon you pick up

Is it possible to assign a key for selecting the last weapon you have picked up?

Originally posted by Elaphe
    Is it possible to assign a key for selecting the last weapon you have picked up?
    It's already done by default:
    in user.ini
    B=SwitchToLastWeapon

Comment

that's for selecting the weapon you last used. There is no bind for picking up the weapon you last picked up. You can auto-switch to it though, but I don't recommend using that.

Comment

But maybe it would be a good idea to have autoswitch on and assign a mouse button to switchtolastweapon. So, when you run over a weapon, it's automatically selected, but if you click the button, you select the previous one.

I'm asking this becase I plan on changing the button config of my mouse. The problem I have is that now I'm using a button for switchtobestweapon. This works fine when you have not many weapons, but my arsenal already counts 50 weapons, so it's very difficult to arrange them in the list of weapon priorities, because there are many which are simply different, not better or worse.

Comment

if you have 50 weapons...you should just make a big wall chart and assign a key bind to each....

Comment

Originally posted by Elaphe
            But maybe it would be a good idea to have autoswitch on and assign a mouse button to switchtolastweapon. So, when you run over a weapon, it's automatically selected, but if you click the button, you select the previous one.
            I've never used the autoswitch-to-weapon feature so I might be mistaking but I think it will only autoswitch to a weapon you pick up if it is of higher priority than your equipped weapon in your weapons preferences so that will not work in all situations.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedApe
              I've never used the autoswitch-to-weapon feature so I might be mistaking but I think it will only autoswitch to a weapon you pick up if it is of higher priority than your equipped weapon in your weapons preferences so that will not work in all situations.
              You're correct, auto switch only happens if the weapon you pick up is higher. Same for weapon lockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                if you have 50 weapons...you should just make a big wall chart and assign a key bind to each....
                Kinda wish the game actually had 50 different types of weapons; but then again it would be kind of complicated... lol

Comment

Yes, that's right. I've been testing this and autoswitch work together with weapon priorities. There must be a way to fix this!

Comment

i don't think this is possible (without a mut)..doesn't seem very useful to me....switching to the last weapon you picked up....if you want that one..turn autoswitch on..if you don't (let game play decide what weapon is best, liek most of us do)....then just bind them...

Comment

50 weaps? what mod are you playing?!

In reg UT I think its best just to assign a key to each weap and get used to selecting which weap you want, when you want it.

Comment

I'm using the Random Weapon Mutator. With this I have all the following weapons added to a list, so the weapons on a map are randomly chosen from it everytime you load it. Some of them are single weapons and others belong to weapons packs. Moreover, I have tweaked most of them: damage, firerate, ammo, etc and I even have some (of which I like their skins) using the fire modes of others. For this I used Weapon Stuff. I think I have more than enough for now, but I still miss more exotic weapons (I have so many rifles, rocket launchers, beams, grenade launchers, flamethrowers, rays, shotguns...). So, if you know any other weapon which looks good, feels good to use and is original or amazing, please tell me. I have tested some which are interesting but I discarded them for some reasons: visible hands, lack of animations, etc. One of them had a a sec fire which rotates between different kind of grenades. Other had a tracking device which spotted enemies, even through walls. There was one that created a monster which attacks your oponents. There are some nice submachines guns with recoil in one of the weapons packs I have, but I didn't used them because of the visible hand. It's a mistery why the fire mode of these don't work when assigned to other weapons. Great mutator this Weapon Stuff. I really turned some boring weapons into devastation machines, at least visually (I try not to have too deadly weapons so as to have a balanced gameplay: for instance my excesive snipper rifle has a firerate as high as a machine gun, so I had to reduce its damage a lot).

105MM HOWITZER
                        ARKADIAN
                        AVRIL
                        BIO-RIFLE
                        BLACK AND WHITE GUN X
                        COMBAT MORTAR
                        CSA-45
                        ENFORCER
                        EXCESSIVE ASSAULT RIFLE
                        EXCESSIVE FLAK CANNON
                        EXCESSIVE FLAME THROWER
                        EXCESSIVE LIGHTNING GUN
                        EXCESSIVE LINK GUN
                        EXCESSIVE MINIGUN
                        EXCESSIVE ROCKET LAUNCHER
                        EXCESSIVE SHOCK RIFLE
                        EXCESSIVE SNIPER RIFLE
                        FIRECHUCKER
                        FLAK CANNON
                        FLAMETHROWER
                        FYRIAN CANNON
                        GRENADE LAUNCHER
                        HELIOS
                        ICE RIFLE
                        LIGHTNING GUN
                        LINK GUN
                        M249 SAW
                        M870 SHOTGUN
                        MAGMA GUN
                        MASS DRIVER
                        MAYHEM BIO-RIFLE
                        MAYHEM FLAK CANNON
                        MAYHEM LIGHTNING GUN
                        MAYHEM LINK GUN
                        MAYHEM ROCKET LAUNCHER
                        MAYHEM SHOCK RIFLE
                        MINE LAYER
                        MINIGUN
                        MISSILE LAUNCHER
                        PARASITE
                        PHANTOM
                        PHOTON TORPEDO LAUNCHER
                        PLASMA CANNON
                        PLASMA GUN
                        PULSE RIFLE
                        PUNT GUN
                        REDEEMER
                        RIPJACK
                        RIPPER
                        ROCKET LAUNCHER
                        RPG-7
                        SENTINEL DEPLOYER
                        SHOCK RIFLE
                        SNIPER RIFLE
                        STAKELAUNCHER
                        SUPER FLAK CANNON X
                        SUPER ROCKET LAUNCHER X
                        THERMAL PROJECTOR
                        TRANSDIMENSIONAL DISTURBER
                        CXT TALON IIK4

Comment

I love the way all of the UT games handle auto switch on pickup and I do use it.

It only switches if the weapon is ranked higher and further more you can change your own rankings in the menus. That is one thing Epic got perfect and had better not change.

Comment

Working...
                          X