X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for all of us...

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
      it all still comes down to boobies that jiggle....
      Instead of boobs that jiggle we get cup M (the M stands for mutant, I think) boobs cased in 3cm thick metal. (well, at least the lower part of them... apparently in the time period UT2k7 takes place, cleavage is already bulletproof)

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
        No they won't. Physics will barely play any role at all besides graphical goodness. They will probably be used for vehicle movement, but that's really just a timesaver for Epic.
        No, because there are going to be destructible elements of levels and vehicles, catwalks that can be destroyed while people are standing on them, and all sorts of other awesome things.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
          No, because there are going to be destructible elements of levels and vehicles, catwalks that can be destroyed while people are standing on them, and all sorts of other awesome things.
          A snippet from an interview with engine programmer Tim Sweeney on nVNews:
          Jacob- How about Ageia effects over a network? Is that supported or is it Client side? I imagine trying to push that amount of physics data through the network, there might be a bottleneck.

Sweeney- There are a number of networking solutions for physics, what we are doing in UT2007 is using the physics hardware only for accelerating special effects objects, things where the server tells the client, Spawn this special effect here! The client responds with an explosion with thousands of particles, and each of those operates as a separate physics object but it doesn't effect the game play... it’s just purely a visual effect there. That’s the easiest and most common solution.
          So we know for certain that hardware accelerated physics won't be used for game-essential stuff, but the same argument applies to any physics related stuff.
          I don't expect advanced physics to play a large role in UT2k7, at least not considerably more than in UT2k4. (after all, without hardware acceleration the physics will be at about the same level anyway)

Comment

Things that breaks UT2007
            Glowy lights on absolutley everthing...
            Weapons cut from the game...
            Skaarj cut from the game...
            Overdetailed unergonimic weapons that cut of your fingers just by using them,that dosent look like weapons anymore, obnoxius amounts of useless animations and moveable parts and Glowy bits, since its on every weapon it wears of the Awee factor of it aswell...
            The overhauled and completly changed veichles aswell brekaing known fluff...

Especially the atrocity theyve done to the Enforcers and dare call them Enforcers

On the fly gameplay changes...
            Hoberboards instead of a practical dropship...
            Breaking consistency, ignoring background fluff, Napkin details...

Glowy bits on absolutley friggin everything, even including Gorges underwear...

:down:

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
              Instead of boobs that jiggle we get cup M (the M stands for mutant, I think) boobs cased in 3cm thick metal. (well, at least the lower part of them... apparently in the time period UT2k7 takes place, cleavage is already bulletproof)
              LOL! Who needs wonderbras! ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Nosnos
                Pro maps? and you mention grendel? ^^
                ok so the weps aint placed but the design of the map itself is all good
                :mdr1:

Comment

Originally posted by Slam_Shifty
                  ok so the weps aint placed but the design of the map itself is all good
                  :mdr1:
                  Actually even after the RE, TE and LE versions, all moving the weapons and powerups around, the map still sucks in 1on1 and TDM. It's not the weapon placement, it's the whole layout of the map. Way too open and way too small. (most people refuse to believe me when I tell them it has about the same surface area as Rankin... it's true though; open both maps in UnrealEd if you don't believe me; considering you can see most of the map in Grendel from a single point, that's a BAD thing)
                  Bottomline is: a good map requires more than 4 rooms.

Comment

Grendel is nice for CTF, but sucks for everything else.
                    Oh, yeah and it's also good for when I'm tried and want to play an easy map in TAM. Brainless hitscanning when you are tired is nice.

Comment

Brainless hitscanning
                      Conveniently, something that will definitely break the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Echohawk
                        The only maps I really want to see remakes of are:
                        DM-1on1-Roughirony,
                        DM-Goose2k4,
                        CTF-Pistola-BP2,
                        CTF-Citadel
                        Too bad Goose2k4 and Pistola weren't made by Epic in the first place.

Comment

I'm not very leet so I have to things that will make the game for me and only one that will break it.

1. If they don't take away the UC2 red flash when you get hit...It's too cartoony for Unreal3
                          2. To make the game, maybe just some new invasion models, seriously, steal some from Gears of War, I like Inv, it's good fun if somewhat lacking in challenge(RPG, anyways, I like the regular and fraghouse)
                          3. The movement, I understand the increase in gravity, but without amping up the already POS sniper, the flak-rocket launch are gonna be a little too easy to use/spam.
                          Although I think a movement config option would be nice, like a whole seperate menu. Where you tweak gravity, momentum, double jump, blah blah blah the works
                          Either way I'm buying it, just hope it's not CS with rockets.

Comment

Originally posted by [EH]Xenocide
                            Too bad Goose2k4 and Pistola weren't made by Epic in the first place.
                            Last time I checked, Epic was pretty unique for the fact that they would consider endorsing and compensating the creators of ridiculously good community maps in order to ship them with 2k7.

Comment

What will make the Game:

Refining the movement system to have good appeal to new players, while at the same time keeping it complex enough to satisfy the highly competitive crowd. Oh, plus better anti-cheat programs.

What will break the game:

I don't think there is much to break. The series has tight netcode, fun, action packed gameplay that is hard to beat. The weapons are fun to use and take time to master.

But, and this is a big but....what will kill the longevity of the game is if the stock maps are terrible. If you design a stock map to satisfy the highly skilled portion of the community, the map is still fun for new players. If you design the stock map as a poor competitive map, then everyone suffers and the community loses interest, fast. This was one of the biggest problems I saw in the main lifespan of 2k4. There were simply not enough excellent maps to keep things going (TDM perspective here). Oh, btw, Grendelkeep (although fun) is an absolutely horrible map to play competitively for TDM. The competetive crowd was moaning about the shortage of maps very early on in the game. Sure there were *TONS* of maps, but very few that ever ended up being taken seriously. The best maps are the ones run on the servers. Nobody wastes much time with the other stuff, because unless you have a good bunch of peeps who want to fool around in an unused map, well you get the point I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X