• Show
Clear All

Tim Sweeney interview

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70056

Good stuff. :up:

Nice, PC and PS3 can play together.
    That means more people to kill. :up:

Comment

They're looking into that, it's not official or anything.

Comment

I know i know, think positive man.

Comment

"When we get down to balancing the game to really play well on a controller, if it turns out we don't have to change the gameplay significantly, then we will enable PC players and PS3 players to play together" i.e. not going to happen.
          Thinking positively to me is thinking they won't change the PC game to play well on a console I will never buy with a controller that wasn't designed for FPS gameplay. Even if it means ten times as many people, the PC side of the game would die out quickly except for people that really enjoy beating the **** out of people that don't fight back. After all, either
          1. Epic releases the unmodified PC game on the PS3 and it would have horrible gameplay there unless you buy a keyboard and mouse for it, or
          2. they modify the game so it plays reasonably well on a controller which would still mean people with keyboard and mouse would have a serious advantage (and not as good gameplay as the game would have if it wasn't modified), or
          3. they modify the game so that you don't have a disadvantage when using a controller, which would mean it would have horrible gameplay with keyboard and mouse.

(and everything inbetween those 3)

IMHO, nothing good can come from making one game for two wildly different platforms with a wildly different fanbase and wildly different control schemes. (and don't say the PS3 has keyboard/mouse support: the amount of people that actually buy a keyboard and a mouse for a console is so small that releasing UT2k7 for the keyboard+mouse+PS3 combo wouldn't mean significantly more players)

Comment

Good interview, Thanks for the post!

Cool to hear about PhysX support in UT2K7, it sounds like they will have the time to properly implemet this, unlike GRAW. His P4 comments were funny :haha: :haha:

Comment

Agree 100% with boksha... just look at Q3 for the Dreamcast mouse/keyboard vs joypad just didnt work... I wish they would just give up the idea and do like they did with UT2004 and UC2, two totally different games..

Comment

All you guys do is cry and complain lol.
                The more players the better i say.

Comment

Quality > Quantity i say

Comment

i agree with boksha to some extent. HOWEVER, having pc and ps3 players player against each other isnt impossible. If they did it they would have to seriously limit things. like say only making it for ONS and WarFare gametypes where vehicle skills will be important. I could never see doing hardcore DM with a dual shock controller.

Comment

Bah... ...please noooooooo...... ....and besides... ...with $599 for a PS3 we will see more players when the price drops after 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by sure
                        The more players the better i say.
                        All you do is mindlessly cheer about something that isn't even going to work. If you want a lot of players and PS3 style gameplay, why don't you just buy a PS3 and UT2k7 with it? (saves you upgrading your PC too)

Comment

What I'd like is;
                          Online support, maybe a browser to use with the keyboard + mouse.
                          Downloadable maps like you normally would in a pc, once you got a PS3 connected to the internet, you can use it like a PC. Download mods, maps, and everything, using a Mouse and Keyboard on the PS3. That would own. Badly.

Comment

Originally posted by sure
                            +1 ...stop whining. The game is not even finished yet.:bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                              All you do is mindlessly cheer about something that isn't even going to work. If you want a lot of players and PS3 style gameplay, why don't you just buy a PS3 and UT2k7 with it? (saves you upgrading your PC too)
                              You know nothing about my PC.

I don't mindless cheer, but for now everything i see and read, it all looks awesome.
                              Where does it say i want PS3 gameplay? Really, stop putting words in my mouth.
                              If PC version rocks and PS3 version rocks, where the hell is the problem that we all play together?

Do you guys get paid to bring UT2k7 down or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X