Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2007 Live from the E3 today @ Gamespot! (12:00 LA, 15:00 NY, 20:00 London)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody wants huge maps. Nobody wants to walk for more than five seconds. Solution: Use more nodes. See ONS-Maelstrom. Always spawn within walking distance of the action.

Comment

dark skins... dont they learn??

I WANT TO SEE MY ENEMY!!!!

Comment

I totally like the idea of a hoverboard now that I know that it's for vehicle CTF/ONS/CON while leaving the translocator for traditional CTF. I couldn't figure out why I'd ever use a hoverboard if I had a TL. I'm very optimistic right now about the HB.

Comment

Originally posted by suibhne
          Actually...that's generally true. :haha:
          Yeah, it really is. Look up New Urbanism for more info on that.

Anyways, for those of you too lazy to read the ******* Gamespot rehash:

-That big snowy map is called Onyx Coast.
          -Tarydium Stinger secondary fire will feature shards that will pin players' (presumably dead, or else it would be mad stupid) bodies to walls and such.
          -It's coming out in early 2007 or so.
          -The ugly Necris tank is called the Nemesis.
          -Orbs have pretty much the same rules as flags in vCTF: no air vehicles with them or you'll drop them. You can, however, carry them on the hoverboard, which might carry over to the flag in vCTF. Before everybody gets ******, remember that the hoverboard really isn't insanely fast and is a liability when you get into combat.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
            -Orbs have pretty much the same rules as flags in vCTF: no air vehicles with them or you'll drop them. You can, however, carry them on the hoverboard, which might carry over to the flag in vCTF. Before everybody gets ******, remember that the hoverboard really isn't insanely fast and is a liability when you get into combat.
            this mean no manta runs?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
              this mean no manta runs?
              Ha ha means people have to work to get the flag again...:haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop Gantry
                i was just wondering if that is what that means....i had heard it both ways..i know sum liek manta runs (me for one)..and others don't..i was just curious if this decision had been made...

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop Gantry
                  Manta runs are just as possible - only you get a tow on your hoverboard from a manta as opposed to sitting on the wing. If anything I would have thought it's easier to pickup the flag. In the interview they said you can shoot people of their boards so I suppose that is the balancing factor.

Comment

Originally posted by LLEVIATHANN
                    So then with this logic your car is a crutch for poor city planning? :bulb:
                    I don't want to have a bicycle to peddle in UT2007.

Comment

I think the hoverboard will help vCTF a lot, just make the rotors kill people from being on top of them and the problem will solve itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X