This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaoticas
    The general rule is: If no location is given, assume they are US based.
    Is that because most of us Americans are too dumb to give a location, or because this forum is frequented by lots of Americans. O_o

Comment

Come on now. Since when has new ownership improved the quality of posters on this forum?

OP - Greetings from the Geezers of DeathBall (Clan GD for short). GL with this membership drive if it gets back on the rails. I suggest recruiting among friends and people you play regularly with.

Comment

lol hes getting the cream of the crop here

http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Death...0&#entry155841

Comment

Originally posted by «ßîc»$l@c|<er
          lol hes getting the cream of the crop here

http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Death...0&#entry155841
          yups yours, they could have just joined and not acted like asses

Comment

Why did you say you only want people who can beat you in your clan? To be completely honest, that'll probably turn people off. Why would anyone join a clan of players worse than them? These players would probably just go join a clan with better players in it. The only way you're going to recruit players better than you is if your clan is already successful, or if the players know you or your clanmates.

Comment

Originally posted by SWG_Victim
              Why did you say you only want people who can beat you in your clan? To be completely honest, that'll probably turn people off. Why would anyone join a clan of players worse than them? These players would probably just go join a clan with better players in it. The only way you're going to recruit players better than you is if your clan is already successful, or if the players know you or your clanmates.
              Simple, since im a decent player, if they can beat me, then i know that they could beat a good number of other players.

Comment

Sure, but if they can beat you, why wouldn't they join a clan with better players than themselves so they can learn something?

Comment

^he's got a good point

Comment

Your Atari profile says you're 20, but your forum says 17. Which is the lie? Or are they both false?

Name: {DBs}Razor Blade
                    Favourite character: Scarab
                    Favourite weapons: Sniper rifle, Flak cannon
                    Favourite levels: Deck17, Face classic, Face3, Rankin.
                    Bio: The leader of the Death Blades, he formed the team after {RAD} stagnated.
                    Currently not much is known of his skill or talent, but if he wants, he will kill you.
                    Being that this was an autobiographical post, I can't stop laughing.

Comment

I was thinking of a way to flame but I decided to try to help you.

- Chose 1 - 2 gametypes to play. No serious clan plays all gametypes.
                      - Get an IRC channel. This isnt hard to set up. Just go to www.mirc.com and follow the instructions.
                      - Get to know people. People of the same skill you are and become friends with them. Maybe they will join your clan because you're having a good time.
                      - Get a good server. This will cost money but it pays off. People might join it and you become known in the UT scene. Also, this is the place where you can play clanmatches if the opponent doesnt have a good server.
                      - Try acting mature. No one wants a clanleader who acts like he's 12.

This being said, your clan is prolly going to fail since UT is hardly active in USA afaik.

GL with your clan.

- DH

Comment

Thank you Deadhead, i tak the advice to heart. as to my age, thats for me to know and you never to find out

Comment

Originally posted by SWG_Victim
                          QFT

that...and it makes you look like a cocky asshat. which also turns people off

Comment

Originally posted by T.D.
                            Thank you Deadhead, i tak the advice to heart. as to my age, thats for me to know and you never to find out
                            Umm, it's posted in one of the few threads on your forum. :bulb:

Name: {DBs}Razor Blade
                            Favourite character: Scarab
                            Favourite weapons: Sniper rifle, Flak cannon
                            Favourite levels: Deck17, Face classic, Face3, Rankin.
                            Bio: The leader of the Death Blades, he formed the team after {RAD} stagnated.
                            Currently not much is known of his skill or talent, but if he wants, he will kill you.

Also, posting info about yourself in your own bio in third person sense is kinda odd.

Comment

That's about it for this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X