Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2007 IGN Interview (new images of vehicles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deathwalker definitley Is alot closer to the WOTW tripods than the strider, esp because it has tentacleular legs.....

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
      I wish I could take it to the store, I'm tired of cars passing me when I go up hills in my 4 cylinder. ^^

Looks like Slain got an upgrade ^^
      Could this be the return of the gaming world's first openly homosexual team? (hey, don't blame me, I think it was actually CliffyB that said Raw Steel was gay)
      Actually this guy seems to have a striking resemblance to Pim Fortuin. (for those that weren't following the news at the time, he was a rather ruthless, annoying and also openly gay dutch politician who was shot to death before the elections; IIRC this was one of the rare occasions where dutch news made the international press, mostly because it was the first political murder in the Netherlands in about 400 years)

As for the tripod matter; OK, so tripods aren't new. But just how many games have there been where you can actually control a tripedal creature/vehicle? I can't really think of any, so it can't be that much.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
        I wish I could take it to the store, I'm tired of cars passing me when I go up hills in my 4 cylinder. ^^

Looks like Slain got an upgrade ^^
        I would have said it looks more like wraith went bald,but thats good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
          As for the tripod matter; OK, so tripods aren't new. But just how many games have there been where you can actually control a tripedal creature/vehicle? I can't really think of any, so it can't be that much.

Well, I think that's the whole point. If you were seeing them left-right-and-center acomparison to any individual source would be unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by RFMOO
            So yeah. It's pretty surprising Epic would do something that ( almost ) everyone will instantly associate with HL2. Given the fact they are starting with a blank page, and could have created anything, why something that screams HL2? It's just odd is all. Not life-changing or even game-ruining, just odd.
            It might work a little to Epics advantage that people see a resemblance. People from HL2 who are unfamiliar with UT could see it as "Hey, that looks wicked sweeet, I want to use that thing, that looks way cooler too." The Necris vehicles so far seem to have consistent design, Darkwalker included, so it's all good to me.

Comment

Working...
            X