UT2k7: headshots that make sense and aren't insanely difficult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suibhne
    This is unquestionably true. The problem is when you're firing at a stationary target, because hitting the head doesn't always net you a HS - hence my hope for per-pixel collision detection in 2k7. When aiming at a moving model, tho, you're really targeting a region, as you describe nicely, and skill can easily raise your HS chances from, say, 1% to 25% or better.
    Sorry to say but youre wrong. I can force models (as most competetive players do) to Gorge and hit headshots all day long without missing one. As long as you know where to shoot to get the headshot, then your chances of getting one are much higher when you aim properly. Its a very simple concept that some people here seem to be over-analyzing. Just hover your crosshair at the right spot and, with enough practice and good enough aim, it will become natural to get them when you want them.

Comment

guys.... polygon by polygon hitscanning. Doom3 promised this but never delivered...

u hit the head and ur hitting the head not a invisible box

[edit - pixel by pixel scanning]

Comment

Originally posted by S3Y3N
        Sorry to say but youre wrong. I can force models (as most competetive players do) to Gorge and hit headshots all day long without missing one.
        Given the unstable nature of the internets, I find it highly dubious that you can "hit headshots all day long without missing one". That's impossible, even for a computer!

Anyway, I also force models, and I've tested this offline with Gorge standing still. We seem to have seen different results. Part of the problem may be that I think the hitbox is inherited from the original model, not the forced model, but the overall problem is that, in 2k4, the head polygons != the head hitbox.

Comment

Working...
        X