Malcom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crotale
    It's spelled Malcolm you goofs. See the illustration below....
    Calm down, who cares if it's spelled Malcom or Malcolm, and calling people a goof isn't appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by Ryosuke
      Calm down, who cares if it's spelled Malcom or Malcolm, and calling people a goof isn't appropriate
      I'm calm, but you seem to be the one who is a bit agitated. As for using the term "goofs", well, that was not meant to be derogatory. I was just poking fun.

Btw, it's spelled Malcolm, not Malcom.

Would it be okay if I refer to you as Rysuk? J/K.

Comment

I'm calm, but you seem to be the one who is a bit agitated. As for using the term "goofs", well, that was not meant to be derogatory. I was just poking fun.

I guess what Boksha was getting at is that in the first UT, it really was Malcom (someone had probably misspeled the name, but it's true).

Comment

Sorry, but somepeople like me gets shocked if we get poked fun.
          and what is rysuk?

By the way, why don't we go back to our main subject? No more arguing.

Comment

Maybe my history class reference wasn't obvious enough?

Originally posted by Kr4zed
            I guess what Boksha was getting at is that in the first UT, it really was Malcom (someone had probably misspeled the name, but it's true).
            I doubt it's a typo. It's spelled "Malcom" all over UT1, and there's not one mention of "Malcolm" in the entire script.

Originally posted by Ryosuke
            The point is that, the UT99 malcom looks like a gay robot and UT2k4 malcom looks the best! lol
            The screenshot from UT99 Malcom is exceptionally bad. He doesn't look that crappy in-game most of the time.
            As for UT2k4's... "Malcolm"... at least I'm glad they're consistent in UT2k7. UT2k7's version has big fat armour all over his body; UT2k4's version seems to have random bits of solid metal placed on illogical places of his body, keeping other parts completely unprotected. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
              Maybe my history class reference wasn't obvious enough?

I doubt it's a typo. It's spelled "Malcom" all over UT1, and there's not one mention of "Malcolm" in the entire script.
              Well, I do know that I can read, and in the Menu for UT2003 and UT2004, it is spelled Malcolm. It's also spelled that way in the User.ini, as well as on the billboard in the UT2003 SP Intro. Also, it is spelled Malcolm on the UT2004.com Unreal Timeline.

As for yours and Krazed claims that it as indeed spelled Malcom in UT, I guess I will have to reinstall UT to find out for myself (I've been itching for a reason to reinstall UT anyway). It's entirely possible that a developer for the first game misspelled the name and all the other devs thought that was how he wanted it to be spelled, then they discovered the mistake before UT2003 was released. From gathering what you have said, along with my own little check into things, shows Epic to be inconsistent with the spelling; the last two games and the next one have it spelled as Malcolm, which truly is the proper spelling for the name. This may be a coverup by Epic, the likes we haven't seen since the Da Vinci Code was discovered and deciphered.

EDIT:/ Whaddya know? It IS spelled Malcom in UT (UT GOTY). The plot thickens...

Comment

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Malcolm

"Malcolm has 3 variant forms: Malcom, Malcolum and Malkolm."

Comment

Originally posted by pcmods
                  Is it just me, or has Malcom got fat over the years>
                  [screenshot]http://www.gameinside.com/images/news_2005/UT2007_Models.jpg[/screenshot]

nope just a little bit taller, wished he was balder and that my head was a little smaller yppi do yuppi do...

its al that extra armor is wearing tear that of with some rusty spoons and youd see Malcom still being rather skinny for a white guy

Comment

Working...
                  X