Weapons that slow you down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons that slow you down

Do you know why some of the weapons I've downloaded slow you down? Sometimes this happens when you pick the weapon up or when you select it or use it. Is it something programmed into the weapon's code? Is there any way I can edit this with Unread ed so as to keep on using the weapon but without the slowdown effect? Thankyou!

What happens is the person that coded the weapon did not set up the resource caching very well, so the hitch you see is the game loading everything when you use the gun instead of during the original load (this is why also UT2004 takes longer to load levels then UT2003)

Take a loook at a stock weapon, then follow suit, you'll need to precache textures and static meshes (animations and sounds can't be as far as I remember)

Or you could bug the author to code his weapon correctly

Comment

Let me explain this better. It's a slowdown in the movement of my character. I have the movement speed set above normal using a mutator. When I select a specific weapon and use it, the speed when I run is back to standard. There are also some weapons that deliberatelly slow speed down below normal values.

Comment

That's pretty cool, but I am not sure what mutator is doing that. Does this happen online or just locally?

You could always turn off all mutators in a local match and see if the problem occurs.

If this is local only you could list your mutators/mods you are using and maybe we can figure it out.

Comment

Yes im sure this is part of the code, because i think that the DA2 weapons, will slow your character down if you have the RL opposed to hand gun out.
          Or ive experienced it elsewhere.

Comment

The Ballistic weapons makes you run slower. Kinda meh, but i haven't tried the latest version yet though. :bulb:

Comment

The Gatling Gun of Arkon weapons slows you down when you shoot, that's the only gun I know of that slows down running speed.

Comment

You mean, like CS style movement? :bored:
                I've never heard of that happening before.

Comment

I always play against bots. I've only experienced this with the Fusion Gatling Gun, which makes your character move much much slower. The txt says that this is because this weapon is suppose to be very deadly but also very very heavy. Apart from this, I've also find this issue with the Dessintegrator, which I think reverts movement speed to normal, instead of the increased speed I have set. Anyway, I think I'll discard these 2 weapons because I have many others which are almost the same. BTW, the movement speed of your character can be tweaked with TAWW and with Tweaktool. I'm using Randon Weapon Swap, so as to be able to play with more than 40 weapons with no need for replacements and Weapon Stuff, which lets you adjust weapons damage, firerate, ammo, and even mix weapons. Thus, you can use some weapons with the firemode of others. This is very cool because offers many possibilities. I have many tweaked weapons which use grenades as sec fire, and I even have some of which I like the looks, with the prim fire of others. You should see one submachine gun I have which shoots explosive grenades at high speed and high firerate. It's a blast! There are many great weapons to download, which are too excessive and dangerous. This mutator lets you control the power of weapons to make a more the game more balanced.

Comment

Working...
                  X