ot- need a case suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ot- need a case suggestion

while getting ready to build my new comp i've been struggling to figure out a way to mount the radiator to my current case but i come up short outside having to cut metal and make drastic changes to the placement of harddisks and other drives.

the radiator is roughly as large as six 5.25" bays (atlittle longer then the two 120mm fans that are on it)
    i need a case where hopefully i could have it mounted on the bottom front portion of the case where normally you might have a front intake fan, and i'd rather not mount it to the roof although i might have too.. i only need two or three 5.25 bays (dont really need a floppy drive bay) and 2 or 3 internal harddisk bays...

so i'm hoping someone has come across a case that has alot of lower space to play with while still having enough room above for only a few drives..

if worse comes to worse i was planning on just making something out of wood mainly and some metal but that'll take time and i want to get this up and running asap cause i've been craving to play on my new machine for too long now and if i wait too much longer i think i'll cry

have you checked the Antec cases? I love mine. Not super fancy but quiet and extremely functional. I have no idea if it will fit what you need but I know they have many options.

Comment

CoolerMaster Stacker?

Comment

I used an Antec server case for my rig. As 'Leech said, "not super fancy"- but cool enough. (for me)
        Also, plenty of room inside for workin' under the hood.
        I'm of the *utility over aesthetics* tribe so it may not be for you, but they're worth checking out.

Comment

the case i'm using now is an antec acutally, its a full tower and still doesnt have enough room and its beat to hell, not that i care, not really something i carry around to show friends.

that cm stacker though is some nice **** there, looks like it'll be more then enough. i like the btx upgradability with room for dual psu's. something i'd hold on to for a long time, good looking ape

Comment

Originally posted by logicbomb
            so i'm hoping someone has come across a case that has alot of lower space to play with while still having enough room above for only a few drives..
            Problem is that most cases won't just have empty space - they'll put something there. How about the Aerocool Baydream? If you can get your radiator inbetween the space a drive bay has, you can get it in there, use the bays above it, and have masses of ventilation through the front. IIRC, also a lot cheaper than the CM Stacker.

Edit: This case has been renamed Aerocool Masstige in the US.

Comment

Working...
            X