Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OZ Servers

Hi all, i'm new here.

bought dvd editors choice edition of UT2004. Was living in uk and enjoyed playing online in uk. Now live in Australia (Perth, WA). Went online and couldn't find any local servers, all pings at 300-400 (most Usa etc). How do i see Australia Servers??

Ta

moonpuss

Theres no real way to find australia servers.....Though you can click the "Ping" button in the browser to find the lowest pinging server.

Comment

---> Off Topic: Perth is an incredible place... xD I remember when I went there was a chip shop with the sign: 'WA's number one chip shop'. I was thinking, well what is it now?

<--- On Topic: I don't think OZ has a big online server community

Comment

If there was an Oz server, I'd go there These days, you might get some Japanese servers and there are a couple of Singaporean servers

Comment

There's almost no way in hell to get ANY servers that are playable in oz, and I freaking live there.

And what Smaz said, what little oz community is dominated by a bunch of cheap 13 yr old smacktards. Don't look for a positive community here soz.

The best somewhat playable server would be the OUT server, and it's usually the most populated. There's also Gamespace Instamulti, if you're into instagib. Or hope for a game on the kAoS clan server, the idiots don't tend to play on that.

GL

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by gades
            There's almost no way in hell to get ANY servers that are playable in oz, and I freaking live there.

And what Smaz said, what little oz community is dominated by a bunch of cheap 13 yr old smacktards. Don't look for a positive community here soz.

The best somewhat playable server would be the OUT server, and it's usually the most populated. There's also Gamespace Instamulti, if you're into instagib. Or hope for a game on the kAoS clan server, the idiots don't tend to play on that.

GL
            I live in Oz and can't agree more with Gades. Most of the idiots are banned from the Kaos server lol (much to my amusement) and the Kaos clan dont' stand for botting or any other **** on their server.

The oz community is nothing but smacktard-ville (there are exceptions of course). GameArena is probably the best performing server (at least that I can ping) however GA is also the worst in terms of map selection and, in some gametypes, no utcomp. Plus usually there just isn't alot of people there. GS is a great place but server performance lately has been so bad I simply haven't played there and neither have alot of others, so the server is not only poor performing but also reasonably empty most of the day. OUT is probably, as Gades said, better performing (just), however it is the central hub of both balding and pimple faced 'I'm better than you' smacktards. In fact if each game server in the world has a sewage system I'd say OUT is the end of the pipeline....where if you aren't the best UT player in the world (at least in your own eyes) and can't dish out verbal trash and abuse people, you generally won't like it there. If however you are better than the best at UT (ie. you are seroiusly leet and are happy to tell everyone about it), don't mind being treated like you have an IQ that roughly is the equivalent of the ****** treating you as if you're stupid, don't mind being abused, and know how to dodge the odd pimple squeezed puss missile, you'll fit right in there.

:bulb:

Comment

I live in NZ and i play on oz servers.
              I havearound 6 to choose from, 2 in NZ and 4 aussie to choose from when playing UT99. Suprising how theres around 4 kmedia servers, 3 igib, 1 MH then another two that are normal weps ctf.
              I now no longer play ut2004 because th mod community is like a dripping tap, and there are no servers down south.

Comment

I was about to say that there are a few of you in the same boat, why don't you chip in a small amount and rent a server? But then I realised.... Who offers rentals for Australia?

So, I googled it to see if there was any, and found this....

http://www.egn.com.au/

Copy & Paste:

"What is EGN Australia ?
                EGN Australia is a computer games community operated and owned by volunteers, and sponsored by the ISP, EFTel.

EGN runs a range of public and private games servers in both Perth, Western Australia, and Melbourne, Victoria. EGN also hosts a LAN gathering every 3 months in Perth.

If you want to get in touch with the management staff, please email: support [at] egn [dot] com [dot] au.

If you want to communicate with fellow gamer's, the EGN Forums are a good start. Alternatively, there is an IRC channel for real time communication: #egn on irc.enterthegame.com. "

LAN gathering in Perth... In the news section, they had one in April:

"Additionally we ran our Natural Selection competition, and also had a little demand for a UT 2004 competition."

So they had a 2k4 LAN Tourny:

"Unreal Tournament 2004
                Team II
                Klimax
                Stillborn
                Jenova
                Sir Lagz"

They have a list of servers that they host for all the gametypes they're into. They only have one UT2k4 server, but by the looks of things it's down at the moment. It's at the bottom of this page:

http://www.egn.com.au/egn/servers/listing/

Oh, and 2 Teamspeak servers on there too... Maybe join & ask them for info on 2k4 OZ servers?

Anyway, browse around the site. Hope some of this is useful

EDIT:
                http://www.oceaniaut.com/index.php - Doesn't look too great, but an OZ community devoted to UT.

http://www.shiftreload.com.au/sgn/index.asp - Game server rentals for OZ. I got a page error when trying to view 2k4 servers though

Try those for info?

Comment

Come and play on the OUT Community server, we don't bite.. much.

Comment

Wish I could move to perth....

OUT server is pretty good, it's mostly TAM, but some TDM and CTF too. It's mostly the clan fear players that give a bit of lip, ignore em. And for a laugh, spectate fear-sickz.

Most of us are waiting for ut2007...

Comment

Originally posted by Smaz
                      I was about to say that there are a few of you in the same boat, why don't you chip in a small amount and rent a server? But then I realised.... Who offers rentals for Australia?

So, I googled it to see if there was any, and found this....

http://www.egn.com.au/
                      Yep, we tried EGN - rented a server. The server performance they offered was first rate however EGN's business practices made them difficult to deal with and their support and attitude was atrocious. $65 for 30 mins of support is pretty hefty I might add. That said, I think EGN offer the best server performance in Oz.

EDIT:
                      http://www.oceaniaut.com/index.php - Doesn't look too great, but an OZ community devoted to UT.
                      That's the smacktard homepage of the OUT server that was mentioned above. Contrary to some opinion however smacktardness is not limited to clan fear. But then don't take my word for it, just go read a few threads there to get a 'feel' for what it's like on OUT.

http://www.shiftreload.com.au/sgn/index.asp - Game server rentals for OZ. I got a page error when trying to view 2k4 servers though

Try those for info?
                      After renting EGN servers turned into a nightmare, we tried out shiftreload. They offered great customer service really and I was very impressed by their business practices. Unfortunately the server never performed well. They tried hard to fix the problems for us but unfortunately we let the rental server lapse as the problems didn't resolve after 3months. I think shiftreload are great - they gave us an extra month rental at no charge due to the performance issues in the hope they could be ironed out in that month. Highly recommend them as a business despite the servers not being up to the level we required.

Hopefully more rental servers will be on the market when ut2007 comes out. If SGN (Shiftreload) and EGN could swap notes, we'd have the perfect host :up:

Comment

Hey moonpuss,
                        Don't listen to xist and gades they're morons. kAoS (gades) clan has been pretty much outlawed by the rest of the community for being dead**** hypocrites who load their server with so much anticheat their own members get banned. http://kaoshq.com/ 3 second look at their terribad website and a view of some posts in their forums will show you what morons they are (look for Gammo,2k and wakko for lots of laughs)

Team Afterlife,i*,whatever (xist) are the only instagib only clan in Australia which came last in the Oceania instagib tournament to 7 Normal Weapons teams. They based their whole clan about recruiting from the Oceania Forums....when they realised they were terrible and the NormalWeapon clans owned them they had a big 'wah' and left the oceania site. They are literally run by 12 year olds. Bad luck to them. (p.s I don't think they are alive anymore so your lucky)

Proper community is at www.oceaniaut.com where you can find forums etc.
                        If you want to chat join #aut on irc.enterthegame.com. You'll find smacktards like gades and xist (and their respective clans) have been banned so you won't need to deal with them.

There are quite a few Aussie servers (picture taken sunday 1:28pm) :

You'll find the McGOOHQ community server will fill up every night for CTF,Clan Arena and TDM.
                        GameSpace UTC is pretty much the duelling server and you can usually get a game if u join the server.
                        There are a fair few competitive clans.

Freaks,Volt,Fear,Dex,27,DimensionX are around if your up for some TDM or CTF.
                        I'm not really into the ONS clan scene but I know there are some dedicated clans like SiC and FU2.

Although our community is alot smaller than what it used to be.The game is quite alive in Australia you just need the correct hook ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Leash
                          Team Afterlife,i*,whatever (xist) are the only instagib only clan in Australia which came last in the Oceania instagib tournament to 7 Normal Weapons teams.
                          To give you the 'truth':
                          - Clan Afterlife are not an instagib only clan - some members play ONS, others play normal weapons. But everyone enjoys insta. Afterlife did not lose to 7 normal weapons teams in the tournament leash refers to. The only loss Afterlife had was against the winner of the tournament (a clan that is close friends with our own). Afterlife played 2 games in the whole tournament, and the second one we had to forfeit as the OUT server was so lagged and one of our 3v3 players had dropped from the server as a result so the game never actually ended. We had complained of lag when the scores were 0-0 all and server admins ignored the claim without comment. . The tournament was set up so that if you lost twice you could not possibly move to the next round or the finals. So by being forced to forfeit in the second game due to bad server performance we were out. And for the record when Afterlife played the team that actually won, the scores were closer than the so-called NW Team got to beating the winner in the final. So much for 'terrible'.

They based their whole clan about recruiting from the Oceania Forums....when they realised they were terrible and the NormalWeapon clans owned them they had a big 'wah' and left the oceania site. They are literally run by 12 year olds. Bad luck to them. (p.s I don't think they are alive anymore so your lucky)
                          No player in our clan is connected with Oceania, for the many reasons cited by myself and Gades, and thus neither have we ever recruited from Oceania Somehow I don't know where that comment would come from, though it is amusing to think that we're called 'terrible' and 'recruiters from oceania'. I can see the link there, but it is not accurate to our clan anyway. The clan is run by people in their 30's with the avg age of the clan mid 20's.

In any case Leash has proven my point. They are always lying and quick to attack people as being 'terrible' and 'noobs' and, anyway, like I said, just go read the threads at OUT to see what it's like there. Make up your own judgement. I'll let the Kaos boys make a comment regarding why they needed to put so much anticheat on their server....there's reasons for that too.

Comment

I tend to agree with Leash on a few points. I play on the McGOOHQ | OUT Server and out forums regularly - and i like to think that I am (and most of the people who frequent them) aren't the arseholes some people seem to have preconceived us to be. I actually think that (particularly more recently) most of us seem to be getting along preety well :weird:

Proper community is at www.oceaniaut.com where you can find forums etc.
                            If you want to chat join #aut on irc.enterthegame.com.

There are quite a few Aussie servers (picture taken sunday 1:28pm) :

You'll find the McGOOHQ community server will fill up every night for CTF,Clan Arena and TDM.
                            GameSpace UTC is pretty much the duelling server and you can usually get a game if u join the server.
                            There are a fair few competitive clans.

Freaks,Volt,Fear,Dex,27,DimensionX are around if your up for some TDM or CTF.
                            I'm not really into the ONS clan scene but I know there are some dedicated clans like SiC and FU2.

Although our community is alot smaller than what it used to be.The game is quite alive in Australia you just need the correct hook ups.

Comment

Actually xist, there was the Oceania iCTF competition in which afterlife (then known as *i.clan*) were knocked out of the competition by normal weapons players, don't think leash was talking about the novelty 3v3 competition a few guys put on.

And as leash said, if you're after a chat with the Unreal Tournament community just drop by irc.enterthegame.com on #aut channel. Lots of daily and nightly pugs for beginners, intermediates and advanced players alike.

The best servers you're looking at would be:

Rebellion
                              OceaniaUT
                              UTC Duel
                              GameSpace
                              and we're hopefuly getting another server up primarily for pugging.

So welcome Moonpuss

Comment

Working...
                              X