Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest/Most effective way to kill a node on foot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People keep mentioning Flak primary being better than Flak secondary but I remember doing several tests to check this out and the secondary always took a couple less shots than the primary. Now, I don't know if there is a faster rate of fire that makes the flak primary better, but in number of shots, the secondary required less.

From what I can tell, shombo is the fastest, followed closely by grenades. Also, when placing the grenades, they seem to have a better effect when they are stuck to the rim of the node rather than in the center of the node. Don't know why that is but a cluster of 8 nades on the rim will take slightly more off the node than 8 nades in the center.

Comment

Originally posted by ~o~wombat~o~
      People keep mentioning Flak primary being better than Flak secondary but I remember doing several tests to check this out and the secondary always took a couple less shots than the primary. Now, I don't know if there is a faster rate of fire that makes the flak primary better, but in number of shots, the secondary required less.
      The primary definitly fires faster. Not sure how big the difference is though... I think the primary's reload time is 10% less than the secondary's. (i.e. the rate of fire is 11% higher)

Comment

I like Flak primary, you can stand right on the node. Flak secondary at a distance is ok, but up close you can toast your own dumb self :bulb:

I just can't get the shock combo timed right.

The deemer, after bailing and falling from a raptor, fired right before going splat is my favorite though

Comment

combos, grenades make me feel vulnerable when im using them

Comment

Killing the node defenders by yourself is almost futile. Even if you win, the guy you just killed is probably gonna respawn back at the node again before you can put the node "under fire".

If I'm up close, I use flak shells (probably slightly slower than flak primary arguably, but easier to aim and more damage per shot, so better ammo effiency).

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
              If the amp is up, it literally takes 3 shombos to kill the node. Maybe 2 if you hit the "sweet spot".
              There was actually a big thread on shombo vs nodes a while back. It was stated the shombo is more effective because it does damage to the top and bottom of a node. The theoretical min shombos with DD is 4, but actually 3 and a primary hit will do it. Similary without DD you need 7, or 6 and 1( or 2?) primary hit(s). Perhaps someone could dig up the link, I couldnt see it...

Because the shombo is twice as effective it is considerably quicker to use, I seem to remember the thread had some code snippets in (prob from Bok?!) so it was hard to argue against, and tbh my play experience agrees.

With no preperation Ill always try to shombo a node, or if under attack Ill jump around with Flak or nades are good cos if you get fragged you know the damage is still done. Well actually Ill prob stop to frag the attacker, but then I just like to rack up the kills ! If its a good player you wont be able to frag again Ill be making sure every 3rd shot is at the node.

The quickest way is prob to prep a manta with some nades or summin, followed by shombos, kop knows all about this already !

Comment

Originally posted by Jezza101
                If its a good player you wont be able to frag again Ill be making sure every 3rd shot is at the node.
                If it's a good player, you'll lose if every 3rd shot is not aimed at that player.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                  When skymining nodes, would you happen to know if it's more efficient to mine-mine-combo-mine-mine-combo or mine-combo-mine-combo?
                  Actually, it's best to fire one somewhat off to the side then string the rest along.
                  Detonate the odd one and it will cause the chain to combo back towards you, focusing more combo power back onto the node

Comment

Working...
                  X