Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest/Most effective way to kill a node on foot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastest/Most effective way to kill a node on foot?

I haven't been able to find a much faster way than a few 'nades on a node then combo them plus another 2-3 combos between base and disc to finish it off. prob is though while you are laying nades, ppl can still spawn at the node. Flak / Link primary are both useful too...but has anyone actually come up with the most effective way of taking a node on foot, keeping it conitinually under attack while taking it down ASAP?

Linking via teamates can be very effective and can be done at a distance as well, but you ain't gonna get that sort of teamwork on pubs.

Shooting a single avril at the node and then immediately switching to another weapon can work as well.

Havn't tried comboing the node stickied with grenades, that's pretty creative

Comment

Yeah linking to a team-mate primary firing is a pretty fast way and essential on some maps like Spiffingrad, but here I mean when yr on yr own, battling solo for a node

On some pubs with a lot of regular players i.e. Titan, Spam Vikings, Slaughters Place etc, you do get that teamwork when the regs are on, which is most of the time.

Comment

Actually two people firing the primary will probably get the node down just as fast as one guy linking to another guy with the primary.
        The biggest advantage of linking to the primary is that the projectiles become bigger and faster, making it easier to hit moving targets, but obviously that doesn't apply to nodes. A smaller advantage but one that can be useful for taking out nodes is that the max range of the projectiles becomes slightly bigger when linking. Also, when talking long range, an advantage is that all the linking players don't have to be in line-of-sight to the node.

Comment

There are a few things I do.

1) Avril, then side step and link pri, when another Avril is ready to launch I fire one again, side step and link pri again - the reason for side stepping is you take out your own avril if you don't. This is faster than link pri alone.

2) If I'm close, flak shells and dodge like my shoes are on fire.

3) Shombos but it's more difficult to dodge and hit every combo (for me anyway )

4) fire a load of spiders and get them to run into the node while I'm shooting at it.

Linking your team mates does seem to mean your ammo lasts longer which is useful if the other team is trying to charge the node at the same time. 3 linked players take a node out pretty fast.

Even if I've run out of anything useful in terms of ammo, I still keep on at the node so the other team can't transport there.

Comment

Since linked link projectiles become faster, they also have a greater range since their lifespan is based on time. You can link down nodes from locations you normally wouldn't be able to.

Hellbender skymines are obviously similar to shombos, but considering the hellbender is so accessible on some maps, it's one of my favourite means. The trick is to learn the ideal distance so you can shombo at the shortest possible (and in turn fastest possible) range.

The middle node on torlan is fun as it has an amp spawn and the weapon locker holds a shock rifle. If the amp is up, it literally takes 3 shombos to kill the node. Maybe 2 if you hit the "sweet spot".

Comment

When skymining nodes, would you happen to know if it's more efficient to mine-mine-combo-mine-mine-combo or mine-combo-mine-combo?

Comment

I think simply doing about 4-5 well placed shock combos is the quickest way, stickying a node takes a few seconds in itself, then detonating it, then switching to shock, getting in optimal position for a combo...

Comment

xyx - I know for a fact that doing 1-off skymine combos up close is much quicker.. only real use for 2 or more skymines is if you are further away.. the closer you get to the node with the bender, the quicker you can destroy it.

Comment

If you want the technical answer, it's the deemer. Stand on the node, point at feet, boom.

You're dead, of course, but so is the node.

Comment

Flak primary seems slightly quicker than flak secondry at close range. While the Flak cannon is slower than a combo it is very handy for attacking nodes when under fire. In that you can evade while still hitting the node.

As mentioned before an Avril shot into the node followed by your weapon of choice will always help. It also stops spawning defenders when using grenades.

Anyone timed the Goo gun ?

Comment

4 or 5 combos = win... if you are are be harassed by the enemy then kill the enemy first then go along your merry way.

Comment

Eh sometimes I prefer taking down the node while just ignoring the guys attacaking me.

I'd rather take the chance of killing the node with 3 guys shooting me, than try to win the 3-to-1 fight so I can kill the node in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by SeverinHeads
                            Anyone timed the Goo gun ?
                            Yep. Don't have the results anymore, but goo is not particularly fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
                              Eh sometimes I prefer taking down the node while just ignoring the guys attacaking me.

I'd rather take the chance of killing the node with 3 guys shooting me, than try to win the 3-to-1 fight so I can kill the node in peace.
                              I usually do it the other way. First I kill all that moves and then I begin with the node and when fighting I usually keep close to the node and make sure I hit it now and then so no1 can spawn there.

To get a node down very quikly I normally choose 4 the flak primary and try to shoot at the node on a very short distance.

Comment

Working...
                              X