Keyboard with responsive keys? Anyone who's used a Saitek board, please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I use saitek eclipse, its nice. My back key is all scaratched up and **** and you can't see the letter anymore though :\

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got one of these Saitek Eclipse - £33 delivered from Dabs.

It has a really nice solid feel, the keys are quite light but the stroke is a bit longer than I'm used to.

The illumination makes my eyes swim a bit It would be better if just the characters lit up. My old keyboard had illuminated transucent keys so the light was all at one level IYSWIM. Still, I snapped off the sides of the A and D keys by furious dodging so it was time for a new bit of kit.

So far, so good. It doesn't move about at all which is nice.

I reckon the best keyboards for me are the ultra slim ones with really short keystrokes but they are either really expensive or really flimsy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Agreed.:up: :alien: :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -Ti-Houdini
    A little different I guess because the Eclipse has painted keys with the characters unpainted and the gamers keyboard had solid black keys with the characters painted on them so the new one is a little more slick maybe. For some reason mine seems a lot more stable when laying flat then the old one so I actually am slipping less on the keys. What do you think about it?
    Yeah the weight of it really helps keep it stable. The thick spacebar is nice too, I hit it cleanly every single time now. Can't fault it so far .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, just don't get one of the Wireless Comfort Keyboards by MS... This thing is 1 foot away from the reciever and shift key seems to stick, according to my typing, though it doesn't physically get stuck...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A little different I guess because the Eclipse has painted keys with the characters unpainted and the gamers keyboard had solid black keys with the characters painted on them so the new one is a little more slick maybe. For some reason mine seems a lot more stable when laying flat then the old one so I actually am slipping less on the keys. What do you think about it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tell me something - do the keys on the Eclipse feel any different from the Gaming Keyboard's keys?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lintan
    I got the Saitek Eclipse, and it's good. Thx for assistance.
    Yeah I just bought one yesterday its nice. I remember when I first got my Saitek Gaming Keyboard and the keys are springy like when it was new. I think the light actually coming through the keys is an improvement from the old one cause the light was only uinderneath the keys which really did not help.

:up: :alien: :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got the Saitek Eclipse, and it's good. Thx for assistance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bleh, I use a plain old black keyboard I got at Radioshack for $7 on sale. My previous board was $10, and it lasted my 4 years. (It lived through three kids, so it was a long battle for it.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by placebo 3.0
    I'd recommend a scissor-key keyboard ("laptop-style"). Those have very little movement between their up and down positions. Look at the Rosewill RK600.
    yes, try a flatkey-style keyboard with scissor-keys for counterbalance. I use mine for (practice!) a half year and it's still working.
    Even though it's a cheap.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have a look at what zboard is comming out with, and it's left and right handed.

http://www.zboard.com/experience/FANG/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm totally happy with mine too. I did lose some paint on the WASD keys, but logitech sent a replacement immediately. I haven't had the problem with the windows button, you might want to try to update to the new software (which now has a stopwatch and a countdown timer on the LCD) I've found wonderful uses for the macros, set one is for UT, I use them for admin logins and commands and like you, things I used to type in the console. Set 2 is for photoshop shortcuts. (OMG I LOVE THIS!) It saves so much time. I no longer have to press ctrl+shift+alt+letter for anything Set 3 is for word/Office because that's what I have to use for work. I'm so glad I got talked into it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the Logitech G15. I dunno, I find some of these features pretty useful:

1) a key to disable the **** Windows key. Oddly, it doesn't work all the time - no clue why. But if it DID work 100%, it's a great feature.

2) The macros keys. I use them for things I would type in the console for speed. For example "mutate antitcc whois". I have a few others like this.

3) The back light. Very cool if you like to play in a dark room like I do.

4) The LCD. OK it's not like I use the UT features. But I do like having a backlit clock right there so I know to shoot myself for staying up too late. It also shows your CPU loading, etc. Frosting really - but I use it.

5) The USB connection. I plug my mouse into this. With my configuration, it has removed my need for a USB extension cable (mouse and case are kinda far).

Anyway, ymmv but these are the part of the keyboard I like. And btw, it did take me some time to get used to the different key feel. It's spongier than my last one. But I did get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by placebo 3.0
    I'd recommend a scissor-key keyboard ("laptop-style"). Those have very little movement between their up and down positions. Look at the Rosewill RK600.

http://www.rosewill.com/product/prod...?productId=253
    Had one of those, and it's impossible to get the right feel on them for me. Thought I would get used to it, but I just kept on missing dodges etc. Have allso recently tried to get used to the N52 (after human fx had enlightened me on how to adjust the hand rest:noob: ), but it's just to stiff. Awesome tool thou if it wasn't for the limiting effect it has on the movement.

A funny thing is that all the pro's (or people with no lifes that spend most of their free time playing) I've seen use cheap worn down Microsoft or Dell boards. And since I've discovered that I use only 9 keys while playing (have all weapons bound to the mouse), comunication not included, I don't see any reason for all the "awesome" extra features some of the gaming boards have. So I have picked up my old Dell board I got for free of a buddy a few years ago and now pretend I'm leet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X