X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
    i STILL HIT THE CAPS LOCK KEY BY MISTAKE A LOT
    Push to talk key by any chance?

And it isn't caps lock, its <BRIAN BLESSED MODE!> (who's scripts are in ALL CAPS!)

Comment

I had a Saitek - but the springy plastic stuff under keys which pushes them back up failed after less than two months.

I went back to my cheap generic keyboard and have had no problems.

Comment

I have a saitek (I think executive, I dunno) and haven't had any problems with it. The keys have a nice almost broken-in feel to them out of the box. I like much more than the n52 (the keys are too stiff and it's kinda big).

Comment

Originally posted by [T]Baxter
          Magwa...

I never heard of the Wolf King before so I googled it. I believe you are saying you prefer the Saitek to the G15 for gaming, but how does the Wolf King compare to the G15??? That keyboard layout is different to say the least...

actully it is very simalar for the key s WSAD,are bigger and easier to use without hitting another key by accident...QEZC are in the same places as are RFG so i have more than i need to switch all weapons i use the saitek for typing and the wolfking for gaming and i love it NO Macros,just a functional gameing pad...

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
          I love my logitech G15, it looks great and the keys light up the buttons are very soft and easy to press. I'm not sure why the Saitek's technology is any better, the G15 has tons of features not available on a regular keyboard. After years of using a "natural" ergonomic keyboard, this wound up being the perfect alternative. (although i STILL HIT THE CAPS LOCK KEY BY MISTAKE A LOT)
          Exactly why the Wolfking is a better gameing pad yet similar to a keyboard there are no goofy keys to hit by accident just the keys you need to play the game no windows key no Caps lock on the face it is on the side out of the way where it belongs..

Comment

Originally posted by IRN_DOG
            And it isn't caps lock, its <BRIAN BLESSED MODE!>
            LOL! "EDNA!..."

Keytronics Ergoforce KT2000... best damned keyboard ever made! Certainly not a "light and quiet" keyboard though.

Comment

Got the eclipse right here. Im happy with it although the buttons used heavily are not as springy anymore like the other keys and tend to be a bit less responsive

Comment

Originally posted by lintan
                I need a keyboard with light, responsive keys. I have a Wolf Claw atm and while it's a great board (just an awesome layout, basically), the large keys are relatively heavy and I'm getting wrist strain from using it.

I initially wanted the N52 Speedpad but I've read customer reviews that complain about the stiff keys. I read a review of the G15 and it said that although the keys were slick and responsive, they weren't as good as Saitek technology, so I'm looking mainly at the Saitek Gaming Keyboard and the Saitek Eclipse right now. If anyone's used a Saitek board and can tell me which would be better, or otherwise knows a suitable keyboard, please give me a bit of advice .
                I'd recommend a scissor-key keyboard ("laptop-style"). Those have very little movement between their up and down positions. Look at the Rosewill RK600.

http://www.rosewill.com/product/prod...?productId=253

Comment

Interesting thread. I have the Saitek Gamers Keyboard and I like it fine. It is much better then the Logitech Multimedia keyboard I had and it does look cool. The keys are very resposive and light to push. I thought some of the other ideas were interesting too but the Saiteks are a solid choice.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
                    I'd recommend a scissor-key keyboard ("laptop-style"). Those have very little movement between their up and down positions. Look at the Rosewill RK600.

http://www.rosewill.com/product/prod...?productId=253
                    Had one of those, and it's impossible to get the right feel on them for me. Thought I would get used to it, but I just kept on missing dodges etc. Have allso recently tried to get used to the N52 (after human fx had enlightened me on how to adjust the hand rest:noob: ), but it's just to stiff. Awesome tool thou if it wasn't for the limiting effect it has on the movement.

A funny thing is that all the pro's (or people with no lifes that spend most of their free time playing) I've seen use cheap worn down Microsoft or Dell boards. And since I've discovered that I use only 9 keys while playing (have all weapons bound to the mouse), comunication not included, I don't see any reason for all the "awesome" extra features some of the gaming boards have. So I have picked up my old Dell board I got for free of a buddy a few years ago and now pretend I'm leet.

Comment

I have the Logitech G15. I dunno, I find some of these features pretty useful:

1) a key to disable the **** Windows key. Oddly, it doesn't work all the time - no clue why. But if it DID work 100%, it's a great feature.

2) The macros keys. I use them for things I would type in the console for speed. For example "mutate antitcc whois". I have a few others like this.

3) The back light. Very cool if you like to play in a dark room like I do.

4) The LCD. OK it's not like I use the UT features. But I do like having a backlit clock right there so I know to shoot myself for staying up too late. It also shows your CPU loading, etc. Frosting really - but I use it.

5) The USB connection. I plug my mouse into this. With my configuration, it has removed my need for a USB extension cable (mouse and case are kinda far).

Anyway, ymmv but these are the part of the keyboard I like. And btw, it did take me some time to get used to the different key feel. It's spongier than my last one. But I did get used to it.

Comment

I'm totally happy with mine too. I did lose some paint on the WASD keys, but logitech sent a replacement immediately. I haven't had the problem with the windows button, you might want to try to update to the new software (which now has a stopwatch and a countdown timer on the LCD) I've found wonderful uses for the macros, set one is for UT, I use them for admin logins and commands and like you, things I used to type in the console. Set 2 is for photoshop shortcuts. (OMG I LOVE THIS!) It saves so much time. I no longer have to press ctrl+shift+alt+letter for anything Set 3 is for word/Office because that's what I have to use for work. I'm so glad I got talked into it.

Comment

Have a look at what zboard is comming out with, and it's left and right handed.

http://www.zboard.com/experience/FANG/

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
                            yes, try a flatkey-style keyboard with scissor-keys for counterbalance. I use mine for (practice!) a half year and it's still working.
                            Even though it's a cheap.

Comment

Bleh, I use a plain old black keyboard I got at Radioshack for $7 on sale. My previous board was $10, and it lasted my 4 years. (It lived through three kids, so it was a long battle for it.)

Comment

I got the Saitek Eclipse, and it's good. Thx for assistance.

Comment

Working...
                                X