Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyboard with responsive keys? Anyone who's used a Saitek board, please read

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Keyboard with responsive keys? Anyone who's used a Saitek board, please read

    I need a keyboard with light, responsive keys. I have a Wolf Claw atm and while it's a great board (just an awesome layout, basically), the large keys are relatively heavy and I'm getting wrist strain from using it.

    I initially wanted the N52 Speedpad but I've read customer reviews that complain about the stiff keys. I read a review of the G15 and it said that although the keys were slick and responsive, they weren't as good as Saitek technology, so I'm looking mainly at the Saitek Gaming Keyboard and the Saitek Eclipse right now. If anyone's used a Saitek board and can tell me which would be better, or otherwise knows a suitable keyboard, please give me a bit of advice .

    #2
    Originally posted by lintan
    I need a keyboard with light, responsive keys. I have a Wolf Claw atm and while it's a great board (just an awesome layout, basically), the large keys are relatively heavy and I'm getting wrist strain from using it.

    I initially wanted the N52 Speedpad but I've read customer reviews that complain about the stiff keys. I read a review of the G15 and it said that although the keys were slick and responsive, they weren't as good as Saitek technology, so I'm looking mainly at the Saitek Gaming Keyboard right now. If anyone's used a Saitek board, or otherwise knows a suitable keyboard, please give me a bit of advice .
    I'm using a 20 euro Logitech keyboard. With F-lock key unfortunately, but the keys are very, very light and easy to press. People that spend more than 20 euro's on a keyboard must've been dropped at birth.

    Comment


      #3
      I bet it doesn't look cool though .

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by lintan
        I bet it doesn't look cool though .
        My keyboards never look cool, because of all the dirt gathering around the WASD and space-keys.

        Comment


          #5
          I have a Saitek Eclipse I use with my laptop and it's the nicest keyboard I have ever used. It just feels "right" if that makes any sense...

          Comment


            #6
            I use the n52,it works find,the first ver. of the gamepad did have some problems with the keypad but i believe they fix the problem,I been using the gamepad for about 2 years and i find it to be more responsive than my 518 mouse .

            Comment


              #7
              I love my logitech G15, it looks great and the keys light up the buttons are very soft and easy to press. I'm not sure why the Saitek's technology is any better, the G15 has tons of features not available on a regular keyboard. After years of using a "natural" ergonomic keyboard, this wound up being the perfect alternative. (although i STILL HIT THE CAPS LOCK KEY BY MISTAKE A LOT)

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                I love my logitech G15, it looks great and the keys light up the buttons are very soft and easy to press. I'm not sure why the Saitek's technology is any better, the G15 has tons of features not available on a regular keyboard.
                I have a G15 on my gaming rig. It is very nice too...

                :up:

                Comment


                  #9
                  i have the g15 and the saitek and the wolf king the saitek owns the g15 as far as function and quietness and ease of key press it is the best keyboard i have ever owned the g15 is nice but it is falling apart the keys are loosing paint and it is starting to look bad so right now i am using my saitek and the wolfKing which by the way owns for gaming...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                    I'm not sure why the Saitek's technology is any better, the G15 has tons of features not available on a regular keyboard.
                    Oh sure, yeah, the review just meant the key-pressing tech, not all the other stuff that the G15 has.

                    I'm gonna go for a Saitek then, just gotta decide between the Eclipse and the Gaming Keyboard. Pretty sure I'm gonna go for the Eclipse, as the only "Gaming" feature of the other seems to be the external keypad... Hardly likely to be useful in UT2004 .

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I've got the Eclipse at home. It's a really nice keyboard, but the paint on the keys didn't last long. It's already starting to rub through.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Magwa
                        i have the g15 and the saitek and the wolf king the saitek owns the g15 as far as function and quietness and ease of key press it is the best keyboard i have ever owned the g15 is nice but it is falling apart the keys are loosing paint and it is starting to look bad so right now i am using my saitek and the wolfKing which by the way owns for gaming...
                        Magwa...

                        I never heard of the Wolf King before so I googled it. I believe you are saying you prefer the Saitek to the G15 for gaming, but how does the Wolf King compare to the G15??? That keyboard layout is different to say the least...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          my Microsoft Internet Keyboard is easy to key press and the paint hasnt worn off at all on it.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by [T]Baxter
                            Magwa...

                            I never heard of the Wolf King before so I googled it. I believe you are saying you prefer the Saitek to the G15 for gaming, but how does the Wolf King compare to the G15??? That keyboard layout is different to say the least...

                            Honestly, the Wolf Claw/King (they changed the name, I dunno) is a great keyboard. The layout is so spacious and comfortable, it's awesome. I just can't use it because for some reason it makes my wrist ache.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              i use a generic wireless samsung keyboard and its seems to work fine.. apart from when the batteries start to die

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X