Surely I am not the only one to notice this incredibly annoying bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely I am not the only one to notice this incredibly annoying bug

I mean, I can't believe nobody has ever said anything about it. It's just so incredibly annoying. Oh, right. You don't know what bug I'm talking about yet.

Why the mouse lag bug of course. What is the mouse lag bug you ask? Well, I don't know if it applies to people with ATI graphics cards, but for people with nvidia cards, listen up.Every driver after 71.89, I have noticed this incredibly annoying bug. It's where the mouse seems to "lag" (in UT2004) if you have high graphic settings. Even if you are getting 200+ FPS. I don't notice it at all if I turn all the settings way down, but when they are up high, it is unplayable.

I have all forms of mouse acceleration disabled. In the windows drivers. In the razer drivers. Via the registry, and in UT2004. So it's not acceleration. I have noticed this problem across 2 different computers and 4 different video cards. I noticed it on my hp pavilion 503n, and I notice it on my custom built PC. It's driving me nuts. I noticed it on an FX5200, an FX5700LE, a 6800GT, and a 7800GT.

Surely, I am not the only one with this problem? There must be others. We must band together and make this bug known to nvidia. Or if anybody knows how to squish it once and for all, please let me know.

I have the same issue on some versions of Nvidia's drivers. Which is why I play in Linux.

Comment

I don't have that... but I have an ATI video card

Comment

I don't but my comp only averaged 30fps or less

Comment

Would running in opengl mode fix it?

Comment

never had this problem sorry

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank
              Maybe, I tried using OpenGL in Windows awhile back. It didn't lag but it did skip, badly.

Comment

Oh no... i have a brand new 7900GT sitting behind me ready to go when i get my new CPU. I really hope it doesnt do this....

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank
                  Why don't you try?
                  I never have any mouselag, but I'm using a Radeon 9800pro. If the problem only arises with some drivers, it has to be a compatibility issue.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill
                    never had this problem sorry
                    Me neither... How much ms lag is there exactly, martinblank?

Comment

I made a post over in the troubleshooting thread a while back which has received serveral responses. Im guessing you experience similar to what I do maybe? I have a 6800gt as well and my game skips a lot (players esp), the audio hitches, and over longer period of playing the mouse sensitivity eventually gets lower and lower by itself and the reaction time of the mouse clicks get slower as well.

I think the UT engine itself has some sort of input issues with regards to mouse tracking. I never have this problem in other fps games, just UT, and I still sense mouse accelleration on even after using a registry fix for Windows (not the CPL fix, the REAL fix, which you can find over on the Razer Blueprints site)

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
                        I don't but my comp only averaged 30fps or less
                        I've never even seen 200 fps, except on the loading screen

Comment

im running a 6600nx never had lag that i have noticed..running sum recent drivers..

*edit..77.72 here..

Comment

I got a *ton* of this in anarchy online back on my gf2mx. My fps would be 30-40 but my mouse would lag literally 1 or 2 seconds. I don't have this problem as much anymore, but I do get it in UT2kx if I turn reduce mouse lag off, world detail high, and face certain areas. The worst one being the flag room in ctf-citadel, I think it's the tiles doing it.
                            In that flag room, I can get 50fps with reduce lag off and about half a second mouse lag. If I turn reduce lag on, I get 10-15fps without the lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse
                              Me neither... How much ms lag is there exactly, martinblank?
                              Well, it's enough to throw off my hitscan aim. Say I move my mouse keft, and then quickly to the left, it will quickly "sway" to the left before coming to the right, and vice versa. It is very annoying and I have noticed it in every single driver after 71.89. And fuzzlebunny brings up a good point, it's worse for me depending on what I'm looking at, even if my FPS is 200+. I always have the lag however, even with reduce lag on. Mabey the people who don't notice it are using cheap 400dpi logitech mice without a mouse pad?

Comment

Working...
                              X