Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use Speakers or Headphones? Explain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I got Z-5500's I use for gaming. I use headphones though if the wife is in the room at her PC though...

I use headphones to watch loud movies late at night if wifey is sleeping. I have some headphones I bought in 1985 I still use. I can't believe how good they still sound, even better than newer more expensive ones. Strange...

:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have some old headphones, the left side doesnt work and the right is hanging on by loose wires. Should really get some more sometime but cba.

Im not allowed to use speakers - too noisy !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If no-one's in the house, then I use the speakers on loud volumes, if it's day/evening, then speakers on fairly quiet, but at night I use headphones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Headphones, mostly cause my ignorant brother has the radio on as high as the volume goes. Also because I think it's funny to hear people swearing at each other, but mom and dad dont...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mahalis
    Speakers at home, headphones at lan parties.
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i use headphones..but prefer speakers..use headphones cuz they are quieter

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Most cheap stuff has trouble reproducing the midrange of sound.
    The Sennheiser PX100 I use also have too much bass compared to the mid.
    Many people actually like lots of bass and treble though, hence the large amount of audio equipment that concentrates on it... not all of it cheap.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, I don't own them. My friend does. yeah, they are comfortable, but thats about it. I tried them out of my PA2V2 connected to my x-fi, using ASIO output and one of my favorite cd's. I'm not going to sit back and call you names for using it, instead I'll tell you why I don't like it. It has the same problem I have with most headphones. I can hardly hear vocals on it, they are quiet and recessed imo (more so for males), and I hate headphones like that. That, and they feel cheap. They should be better for the price you pay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by martinblank
    ... lol :noob:
    lol, yet another cheeky headphone elitist who's never tried them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Headphones.

Always preferred headphones to speakers for games.

Usually my wireless Sennheiser RS110s, or for matches when i'm actually using voice, then my Senny PC-150s.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by placebo 3.0
    They're awesome-sounding headphones and undebatably the most comfortable.

http://images.sharperimage.com/all/e.../js318_pip.jpg

Light on your head, cup your ears perfectly, with gorgeous treble and bass.
    ... lol :noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They're awesome-sounding headphones and undebatably the most comfortable.

Light on your head, cup your ears perfectly, with gorgeous treble and bass.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Speakers...I have a creative labs set that my sister says sounds better than her stereo. I live in an apartment above a washroom and no neighbors on all walls. I jam it up no matter what time of day or night.
    Headset set to mic only if I am on ts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Headphones because of feedback, excessive noise and positioning.
    When it's still early and I am not on TS, I sometimes use my HiFi speakers through which my PC is connected. Speakers for movies except if it's quite late.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0verclocked
    Nice, almost the same as my setup, except I won't have the amp till july.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X