Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use Speakers or Headphones? Explain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a low-end Creative 5.1 system that's a few years old. I know it's not the best, but it does the job. I'm not an audiophile.

Comment

When playing games or watching anime or other TV series by myself, I use headphones. Sennheiser PX100. They're cheap and portable (they can be folded into a hard plastic container)
      That they're portable is important to me, because I often visit my parents on weekends and I sometimes have to play a game on my old PC there, or want to watch something after my parents went to bed.
      I never use speakers when I'm playing UT2k4 because my speakers are actually standing behind me, so it sounds a bit weird. Plus, I often use Teamspeak while playing.
      When I listen to music I use my speakers (Tannoy Dual Concentrics, 20 years old and apart from a single small irregularity in one of the speakers' surround, still in perfect shape) because the sound quality beats the crud out of those cheap headphones. Also, I enjoy annoying my housemates to an astounding degree.

I guess this wasn't much use to you, martinblank, but I'm just not much of an audio connoisseur, so practical concerns are more important to me than audio quality. (of course, I threw my cheap Logitech speakers with built-in amp out the window as soon as I got my hands on those Tannoy speakers, but I'm guessing even a deaf person would hear the difference between those)

Comment

headphones AKG K-240s if theres sleeping ppl, speakers logitech z560s if not...

Comment

Headphones: Convenience, WAF (Wife acceptance factor ) and sound quality for the money. Speakers just sound odd now.
          My current setup is Digital out from the Audigy 2 to a Perpetual Audio P1a Upsampler/P3a DAC then to a Channel Island Audio VHP-1 headphone amp finally ending up in a pair of Grado RS-1's on my wee noggin. Sweetness but then my head-hifi cost me enough to stop any pc upgrades for quite a while

Martin definitely consider the VHP-1. It's got a great smooth sound, 125db SNR and an impedance button specifically to allow you to switch for ultra low like the Grados or high like your Sennheisers. Here's Stereophile's review (Matched with a pair of 650s) http://www.stereophile.com/headphones/1005channel/

Comment

i use headphones if i want real volume or want to talk, really if i'm playing seriously, or especially if i get on teamspeak, because then i can't have my speakers on

I use speakers if i'm not going to be playing for long.

Comment

http://www.sennheisercommunications....roductId=PC160

Comment

It depends, but most of the time I use a headphone. In the past when I just started to play Unreal I always used the speakers, though I always had to turn dow the bass or the whole house would shiver on it's foundation, so I bought myself a headphone and I quite like using them.

Comment

HD-650's with a GilmoreLite Amp

Comment

Originally posted by 0verclocked
                    Nice, almost the same as my setup, except I won't have the amp till july.

Comment

Headphones because of feedback, excessive noise and positioning.
                      When it's still early and I am not on TS, I sometimes use my HiFi speakers through which my PC is connected. Speakers for movies except if it's quite late.

Comment

Speakers...I have a creative labs set that my sister says sounds better than her stereo. I live in an apartment above a washroom and no neighbors on all walls. I jam it up no matter what time of day or night.
                        Headset set to mic only if I am on ts.

Comment

They're awesome-sounding headphones and undebatably the most comfortable.

Light on your head, cup your ears perfectly, with gorgeous treble and bass.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
                            They're awesome-sounding headphones and undebatably the most comfortable.

http://images.sharperimage.com/all/e.../js318_pip.jpg

Light on your head, cup your ears perfectly, with gorgeous treble and bass.
                            ... lol :noob:

Comment

Headphones.

Always preferred headphones to speakers for games.

Usually my wireless Sennheiser RS110s, or for matches when i'm actually using voice, then my Senny PC-150s.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank
                                ... lol :noob:
                                lol, yet another cheeky headphone elitist who's never tried them.

Comment

Working...
                                X