Best Total Convertion Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryosuke
    mods like Red Orchestra or Frag Ops, Defence Alliance, Chronicles of Spellbound and etc.
    Do you mean Chronicles of *Spellborn*? That's a retail title that uses the Unreal Engine.

I think you'll probably hear these mentioned a lot: http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut20...s/ct_mods.html

Metaball and Damnation are great singleplayer TCs. Other mods that didn't participate in the MSUC but are highly praised: SAS and Defence Alliance 2. Tactical Ops: Crossfire looks great.

There are lots of choices.

Comment

I'll go with Red Orchestra (mod version of course) every time - it stills plays like a dream. Great community too - what's left of it...

Comment

For me the best are the single player conversions; Damnation being one and the soon to be released final version of Out of Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale
          I haven't used it in a while, so my effin' bad. Let me re-phrase that...you can use it as a mutator in UT2004, but you do have to activate it through the mods tab when you install it.

But you can still use the mutator in UT2004.
          I'm pretty sure they dropped the mutator, i'm not sure why, but i think it started to be a bit much for a single mutator, with melee combat and all that, last time i checked, there was no mutator in usual UT2004. :bulb:

We need someone to confirm or deny this. Who's up for downloading chaosUT?

Comment

I'd probably go with red orchestra. For one simple reason - it didn't feel like the unreal tournament engine. I found with fragops, something wasn't quite right. I just felt like I was playing UT but with real guns and realistic locations. From a technical and visual standpoint, RO was the mod for me that distanced itself farthest from the main UT game.

I could take one look at a map or character model in fragops, or in jungle warfare or something else and could say immediately that it was an unreal tournament 2004 based game.

If I had never seen RO before, I wouldn't have guessed.

Comment

AIR BUCCANEERS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
                I'm pretty sure they dropped the mutator, i'm not sure why, but i think it started to be a bit much for a single mutator, with melee combat and all that, last time i checked, there was no mutator in usual UT2004. :bulb:

We need someone to confirm or deny this. Who's up for downloading chaosUT?
                I do believe this should answer your question, since RFMOO is one of the Chaos UT2 modders.

Originally posted by RFMOO
                Actually, it's both mod and mutator. Chaos does in fact have it's own menus and so forth, you just have to 'activate' the mod (Epic's system, we just used it).

IMO Chaos fits exactly the definitions of a mod and/or a mutator, but not a total conversion.

Comment

Defence Allience Two, Beta One Point five FTW!
                  http://www.planetunreal.com/da

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
                    The mutator is still there outside of "activating" the mod if you want it to be. It's a checkbox option during umod install, and it's a few lines you add manually to an INI if you do a zip install (instructions in manaul, you can cut/paste the lines).

But you're partially right, in that some things like the melee aren't available in the mutator.

Comment

Air bucaneers!may not be the most polished,but the fact that its so unique more than makes up for that

Comment

Originally posted by TKATk
                        Air bucaneers!may not be the most polished,but the fact that its so unique more than makes up for that
                        Very unique! I had fun playing it, to bad you need to have like 32 in a server for it to be any fun, on top of that they all need to know how to play together.

Comment

Originally posted by legacy-~o~wombat~o~ View Post
                          For me the best are the single player conversions; Damnation being one and the soon to be released final version of Out of Hell.
                          Turns out Damnation is being made into a full blown 360, PS3 and PC game and its due to come out this year.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6187267...stnews;title;0

Comment

Working...
                          X