Renaming Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yes, unless something stays in the temporary bit. Like when you get kicked for UTComp, for example.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gades
    ServerBots2 can sorta rename the bots (not permenantly, but it does rename the current bots in play). And as a lovely bonus, the bots text chat to you! They whinge when you kill em, gloat when they kill you. And you can customize it with your own taunts.

Download page is HERE

Does using this make it a non standard server? I would like to rename my bots but don't want it to be a non standard server.

I also don't want to get anybody kicked from other servers that have Anti Tcc

Since it would be a server change if I changed the .upl files, I wouldn't think this would need to be downloaded right?

I would think Antitcc would only kick if it was the players modded .upl.
    Right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ServerBots2 can sorta rename the bots (not permenantly, but it does rename the current bots in play). And as a lovely bonus, the bots text chat to you! They whinge when you kill em, gloat when they kill you. And you can customize it with your own taunts.

Download page is HERE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's something from an old thread about how to use JaFO's Bot Manager.

Originally posted by Lopar-XL

Click the thumbnail to view the full size image.

JaFO's Bot Manager still has a few bugs in it. If you have a lot of VPs installed, then you will need to click on the drop-down control menu box to highlight the text in it and then use your mouse wheel to scroll through the list. Take this screen capture as an example.

Once I get down to "ElexisTaunts.ElexisTaunts", I will have to let go and use the wheel to scroll down to the one I want, which in this example is "Invader Zim & GIR". Notice that the voices in the list are sorted alphabetically by the file name of the VP, not the title. The file name of "Invader Zim & GIR" is ZimGir2K4.u. That means it will be located near the end of the list, not up near the voices that have the letter " I " in the title. In the Bot Manager, you must select a voice pack either by scrolling manually through the list, picking it from the Package Explorer (which is more complicated) or by clicking the randomizer button. They can't be organized in groups.
    Originally posted by Lopar-XL
    The .upl files, which I assume stands for Unreal Player List, contains all the information for the character that will be used in the game. Here's an article from the Unreal Wiki that explains this better than I could. In the Bot Manager, you can select the skin and model mesh, as well as other parameters, in the same manner as you would a voice pack. Unfortuantely there is no grouping tool for VPs, so you'll have to do all this manually. You only need to do this once, though, because once the .upl file is made and saved it stays there.

To make your own .upl character list, do these steps.

1. Click File-->New.
    2. Type in the name of the bot in the "Name" text box, or click the randomizer button to generate a name for you. You may encounter problems if the name includes spaces, so replace them with an underscore.
    3. Select the newly named bot from the Quicklist and make sure it is highlighted.
    4. Proceed to customize your bot as described above.
    5. Click the tab marked "Sepcial" and change the Bot-use value to something higher than 0 so that you will have a greater chance to see it in the game when UT randomly picks bots. The higher the number, the higher the probability the bot will show. The number values range from 0-5, if I'm not mistaken.
    6. Leave other items on this tab alone and click on the Skills tab.
    7. In the Skills tab, you can set the skill level and behavior of your bot, as well as select your bot's favorite weapon. The numbers range from -100 to 100. A bot with -100 Aggressiveness is an abject coward, while one with positive 100 is a bloodthirsty homicidal maniac.
    8. The Summary tab is where you can set a custom biography, as well as see it's computated cost, fav weap, species and skills/behaviors in percentages. I've tried it before and it doesn't work very well, so select one of the default ones and you can type in the bio in the .upl file later.
    9. Repeat steps 1 through 8 until you're finished with your list.
    10. Click File-->Save Characterlist as..., name your .upl file and save it in the \UT2004\System directory.

You can load the .upl file of a ready-made custom bot and put in your own list, too.

1. Open the .upl file for the character you want to customize (such as one of the custom models found on SkinCity).
    2. Click Characters-->Copy character.
    3. Open your .upl file.
    4. Click Characters-->Paste as new character.
    5. Save your .upl file.
    Originally posted by 4TX4
    It really sucks that they removed this option from the bot menu in 2k4. :down: Hope it will be back in 2k7, though I kinda doubt it...
    +1 to that, and the ability to select the model, skin and voice, too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In UT99 I always gave my bots teh gheyest names, often made me LOL during botmatches. :haha:

It really sucks that they removed this option from the bot menu in 2k4. :down: Hope it will be back in 2k7, though I kinda doubt it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eviL<
    JaFo's Bot Manager or Edit .UPLs

Nope, it won't (Not sure about AntiTCC though)
    Well AntiTCC can kick you for modified UPL, I once modified them to make the characters available in single player and AntiTCC would kick me.

So I guess the result here would be the same unless AntiTCC changed (its been a while I did that)l.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    JaFo's Bot Manager or Edit .UPLs

Originally posted by Discord
    *edit* Messing with those isn't going to cause a version mismatch for online play, is it?
    Nope, it won't (Not sure about AntiTCC though)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx
    You need to open the .upl files in your UT2004\System folder and change the names there. Note: Make backups, but do not leave those backups in the System folder. The game uses all .upl files it can find in the System folder.
    Oh, hot ****... you're right.

All of a sudden I'm starting to think some clanmates of mine did it the hard way for no reason. :haha:

All the stock bots are in XPlayers1.upl, XPlayers2.upl and XPlayers3.upl (ECE bots).

*edit* Messing with those isn't going to cause a version mismatch for online play, is it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to open the .upl files in your UT2004\System folder and change the names there. Note: Make backups, but do not leave those backups in the System folder. The game uses all .upl files it can find in the System folder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Renaming bots AFAIK is a total pain in the ***, as in you've got to write a mutator for each new bot "character."

Only other thing I can think of is JaFO's Botmanager mut might let you rename the bots:

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=387505

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you play as cliffyb the bots will be renamed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I remember that if you set your name to a specific one, the bots would change their names to Epic/Atari/DE employees

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think it's possible to rename the bots, but i don't know how.

The skill adjustment is very simple though, bot config and edit. I forgot how to get it to highlight so you can use the option, but it can't be that difficult.

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?im...titled51xr.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3...titled65fx.jpg

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Renaming Bots

Renaming Bots

Is it possible to rename the bots names? If so, how do I do it? Can I also change their individual skills? Thanks for any info.
Working...
X