Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, did Unreal TV ever get off the ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, did Unreal TV ever get off the ground?

Sorry if I sound really ignorant here, but I'm just coming back to UT after a loooong time off. Back when ut2004 first came out there was a lot of talk about a Unreal TV feature where lots of people would be able to log on and spectate an exhibition match, with an admin controlling the camera angles. In fact, I tried out a beta and it was really cool. Now, I can't find any mention of it in the community, and I was wondering if the feature just fell by the wayside, or it's actually a feature or mod that's being used today? If so, how can I get it?

Oh yes, it's there. Just a little bit hidden.. I can't find their forum anymore. >_<
    On average, there is one UTV show a month I guess. Mostly the Jolt ONS thing, and a few CB matches or something. Really smooth camera because of the code..love it.

Comment

yes, just check around on http://www.unrealnorth.com/ there's often news about big matches and tournaments coming up, with UTV coverage.

and, hang around in #UnrealNorth @ Q-Net and you'll probably see someone advertising for tournaments and matches you might be interested in.

(This is all Euro matches, 99% of the time)

Comment

currently trhe NA AS community is UTVing the curent mixer matches.

www.drylobster.com

Comment

/agree with tewic, basically everything he said

Basically all of the important matches in ClanBase are UTV'ed (finals, division 1 games, Nations Cup games etc) and more than likely ESL and other appropriate leagues will have UTV available. The most popular UTV provider by far IMO used to be the NakedApe servers, however when his ISP/country owned his upload connection (from 100/100 to 100/10 I believe? :/) he couldn't host them anymore. Nowadays it's mostly done by www.ethernasports.de by Cosmo, featuring shoutcasts on Winamp by RubberChicken, Kammeh, Beyndtstng and others...

Just look on the sites themselves for information, also hanging around in IRC on popular community channels such as #unrealnorth, #ut.duell (and a shameless advertisement for #divine.ut) is a good way to pick up on UTV broadcasts as there are usually announcements on the night of a match. The lesser known matches may not usually have many people watching but the higher skilled TDM and 1on1 matches tend to have their capacity filled or near full (several hundred).

Can only talk for Europe (+ sometimes scandi) here, anyone else is welcome to add info if they want ;P

Comment

Working...
          X