Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make the Manta jump really high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you make the Manta jump really high?

I've seen on some maps like Torlan, where the Manta can get up on the opponent's sniper tower at the base... Similarly it can clear the tree line in Primeval and not have to go through the center.

How exactly do you do these tricks?

Wall jumps be not limited to foot soldiers :alien:

<3 da Manta

Comment

I always end up about 7ft short of the top of the tower with a Manta :\

Oh yea, super manta jump, run up to it, hit use and hold Jump at the same time

Comment

u can use the tree trunks to give u a boost in primeval and on torlan use the one of the bumps near the rear turrets to get to the top. leave the manta on the teleporter and spam spider mines down :devil:

hmmm we need an ons trick jump vid ... or is there already one????

Comment

I meant the middle tower. Getting on the sniper tower is easy

Comment

Crouch, release, jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyllian
              I always end up about 7ft short of the top of the tower with a Manta :\
              Never got that high without the 2 mantas trick

Comment

jump boots

Comment

yeah its kinda fun to squash the snipers up there on Torlan, good map design to allow that imo . You need to approach along the edges and as you rise up over a high bit of ground jut hit jump, you will find you get a little extra momentum as the manta was heading up at the time.

Comment

Simple, drive fast at a hill and just before you go flying over the top press jump. You should jump much higher and further :up:

Comment

Jump off the top of a ramp/hill/whatever that has an upwards slope. You keep some of the upwards velocity as you jump (I'm sure someone like Boksha could give you an exact explanation of what goes on ).

For the sniper tower, you can jump from the terrain at the back of the base. You can also jump from the terrain at the right of the base (as you drive towards it). The third way is jumping straight from the middle hill (and get shocked to death ). I think there is also a small hill opposite the side entrance of the base that you can jump from.

For the primeval tree, jump off the big root that's next to a lamp-post (on each side of that tree). That fool Lao should never have shown people this trick.

Similarly on frostbite you can climb up the target-painter hill, from your side, jump off the top and fly all the way to the top of the enemy core.

etc... etc...

Comment

http://ut2341.com/torlanjump.demo4

Comment

If you do the manta jump as soon as you get in, the thing will go like twice as high. Don't know if they use that in those ONS maps (I dont really play ONS), but you do in a few trials.

Comment

it's very useful in some ONS maps, yes. I knew that trick before most people

Comment

Working...
                            X