No announcement yet.

Rocket + Shock combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making fast weapon switching is far more complicated IMO than slow weapon switching , with slow weapon switching , sure u gotta choose the best weapon and u gotta be smart coz is matters on situation etc , but u do the same when u switch fast , u gotta choose best weapons for the situation too .

Thing I understand is , that if theres fast weapon switching and u make a mistake u can still win , if u switch to bad weapon and theres slow weapon switching , ur dead .

BTW , I dont understand what u people love about 1shot big damage weapons , doesnt that make it more about who shoot first ? = who has better ping ?

Comment

srry for double post , DavenH , point of whole ut movement is , to be unpredictible , if u do dodges all the time it sucks as much as if u do double jumps all the time , I mean dodge jumps , double jumps , jumps , I rarely do them , only when I havent done them in a long time , and I know my enemy isnt expecting me to do them , and only against hit scan since against projectiles its just like suiciding .

So yeah , sometimes I crouch in battle , sometimes I dodge , point is , I just try to act unpredictible .

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
        Remember that you're only standing still for a half a second. Someone being constantly on the move is certainly easier to hit than someone that puts in short pauses in his movement at the appropriate time.
        VERY TRUE!!!!
        however u shouldnt really stand still if u want to make a combo... better is to adapt to LaukeĀ“s style:
        when u watch the movie shockz where all his shock combos from some tourney (dont remember which) are showed, u see he fires the shockcore moves a bit, stands still, aims and makes the combo.
        this has the advantage of not standing still for too long AND makes it easier to see the distance the shockcore travelled..

which is the main reason why i prefer doing moving combos.. when i do standing combos i cant judge the distance right and why to much combos i shoot too early without hitting anything...
        when u shoot and move left or right u can exactly see where the shockcore is and how much it travelled :noob:
        works alot better then looking to the light on the walls and floor that comes of the shockcore tbh...

btw i do think bio is a bit overpowered... not as overpowered as it was in ut2k3 though...

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
          Xyx, of course you are entitled to your opinion, And it is a good thing you state it here... ...but you made statements that are beyond funny. (Look what os][iris just quoted) A Shock Ball doesn't even dodge (let alone dodge jumps or strafes) your primary beam. You want auto-aim for that...???? Why not give auto-aim for hitting the other players????

I am not a great player and even I hit them combos easily... ...even a ball from my oponent when I am in a long hallway and a shockball comes closer... ...only escape is, hitting his ball before it reaches me...

...sorry, but giving people auto-aim because they cannot hit an object that moves with a constant velocity in a straight line with an instahit weapon is stupid... ...if people need THAT, I doubt that UT (any version) is the right game for them.

Feugerstef ftw. Bravo mate.

And the guy posting above who says combos are hard to hit. I got a big ROFL out of that one. I can easily throw out 3 shock balls into space on Face Classic and hit them no problem within a matter of 5-10 seconds. Play the game atleast 6 months, you should have plenty of time to hit a shock ball consistently, and even moving combos at that.

Comment

Originally posted by WosP
            if theres fast weapon switching and u make a mistake u can still win , if u switch to bad weapon and theres slow weapon switching , ur dead .
            If there's slow weapon switching you can either decide to switch (which still only takes one second) or you can decide to stick with it and kill your opponent with a less than ideal weapon. The good things here are that 1) there are consequences to choosing the wrong weapon, 2) you still have a chance and 3) the choices you are faced with lead to interesting situations:
            1. you both have the right weapon
            2. you both have the wrong weapon
            3. only you have the right weapon
            4. only your opponent has the right weapon

Compare this to fast weapon switching. You can always switch to the right weapon, and so can your opponent, so there is only one type of situation:
            1. you both have the right weapon

Gone is the variety, gone are the mindgames.

Originally posted by S3Y3N
            3y3 pwn n00bs
            Your mother must be so proud. Want a cookie now?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
              Your mother must be so proud. Want a cookie now?
              Hey youre the first person I've met that actually modfies what people really say. Good job asshat. I never said that, I said it should be easy to hit combos after practicing. If you can't then maybe you need to practice hitting combos more.

Dumb insult, now moving along...

Comment

I'd say it'd be a great idea. Anything to add more complexity to gameplay is a good thing, imo.

I'd love to see different gameplay level types for UT2007. A beginner, with doge jumping and combos turned off and then an expert mode for folks that are willing to take the time out and figure out movement and weapon combos.

I think that's be pretty badass, but I'm a bit biased I guess, as I'm in love with dodge/wall jumping + shock combos

Comment

Originally posted by TheDeacon
                  I'd say it'd be a great idea. Anything to add more complexity to gameplay is a good thing, imo.

I'd love to see different gameplay level types for UT2007. A beginner, with doge jumping and combos turned off and then an expert mode for folks that are willing to take the time out and figure out movement and weapon combos.

I think that's be pretty badass, but I'm a bit biased I guess, as I'm in love with dodge/wall jumping + shock combos

GG your now stuck in the same position that UT2004 is plagued by...

Comment

Working...
                  X