How do you found a clan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you found a clan?

As title. How do you create one from the very beginning?? How do you get to know each other?

When people were freelancers in pub servers and found other players pretty good, they said to them "hey you're really good let's make friends:up: " and then the community got bigger....
    Is it like that or what? Well some clans are made up of previous members of other clans who left the old one to make a new one, but at least they have to join a clan at first right? And how does a clan get acquainted with other clans and finally become allies (or nemesis )

Personally I have no acquaintance with anyone in the Unreal community ( or should I say the whole gaming world ) until I joined a clan though this forum.

Old post, but still some good valid stuff! :up:

Hope this helps.... :noob:

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...d.php?t=364504

Comment

Well....I joined a clan server, people were good skill, I trained with em, got in contact with em, 2 weeks later full member of j-X .

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal
        Well....I joined a clan server, people were good skill, I trained with em, got in contact with em, 2 weeks later full member of j-X .
        The question was how to FOUND a clan. Not how to FIND a clan. It's not a typo, it means something completely different.

Comment

To the OP, if you need a forum host, I can host your forums for you until you get things started on your own. Click the first link in my sig.

Comment

Just have a place for people to communicate, get a teamspeak or ventrillo server and get started. Crotale is offering forum space, maybe take him up on it, invite people to your voice server when you're playing. After you get to know them and you think they're the type of player you're looking for, ask them to join. Don't be too hasty though, first opinions aren't always correct. Before we had a voice server we used to have a trial period to see if the people worked out. You can get to know people a lot faster on voice chat though.

Comment

The one piece of advice I'll give you is not to form clans based on skill. If you want a successful, long-lasting clan, find friends, not fraggers.

Comment

Originally posted by AL777
                The one piece of advice I'll give you is not to form clans based on skill. If you want a successful, long-lasting clan, find friends, not fraggers.
                Best advice in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AL777
                  I'd agree with you, but a clan of people with wildly different skills won't last either.
                  Some small skill differences won't matter, but you don't want a situation where all clanwars are played by the same 4 or 5 people.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                    I'd agree with you, but a clan of people with wildly different skills won't last either.
                    I dunno Boksha... if they know how each other play and make use of their different styles tactically, they can be pretty tough to play against... especially if its something like TAM. Seen quite a few longstanding clans that have done this. However if its just a group of friends faffing around I can see your point.

Comment

A lot of clans I know of were founded by friends who play together.

Comment

I've never considered clans to be about skill. Well, I take that back. I never considered clans should be about skill. Imo, an ideal clan couldn't care less about skill differences or clan wars (at least not predominantly over actual clan and friendship virtues... god that sounds cheesey...). Using my own clan as an example, I've been playing for two and one third years, while my right hand man in the clan has been fragging it out for only two months. Seeing as he's a good friend, I'd rather have him than Fatal1ty...

Clan wars? Meh.

Comment

Not that i've been in many clans or been the leader of one, or even am in one, but the advice i can say is make sure you are dedicated. Sure you can form a clan out of fun for fun, but it won't be worth it unless you are dedicated in maintaining it.

Oh and make sure you have friends before makng the clan, having a clan then/to form friends is definitely the wrong way around.

Comment

Originally posted by IRN_DOG
                            I dunno Boksha... if they know how each other play and make use of their different styles tactically, they can be pretty tough to play against...
                            Having different styles is NOT the same thing as different skill levels.

AL777: I think you misunderstood me. When I said a clan will be more stable if the players are more or less the same skill level, I did not mean everybody in the clan needs to be Fatal1ty. (how did that idea creep into your head anyway? What I said doesn't even REMOTELY sound like that)
                            And a clan shouldn't be about clanwars? Then what's the difference between having a clan and just generally hanging around with each other? The question was how to found a clan that stays alive. Not how to get a couple of friends together who play the same game every now and then.
                            While friendship is definitly an essential part of keeping a gaming clan alive, being good mates alone won't be enough.

Comment

GL with all your trying to do! :up:

While our methods may not be for all, they HAVE worked for us.... we just celebrated our THIRD year together, and have over 65 members!

Pop on to our forum and say hi, we'll be glad to hear from you! :noob:

http://vvv-clan.com/NewvVv/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X