X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive works great in invasion now.
    The first version was buggy.

Comment

O.K., so it has been established that Invasion was/is not playable “out of the box” for UT2003, but was/is rather a game type added in a subsequent patch or bonus pack.

Here's the new question:

On UT2004 ONLY servers' will you be able to play Invasion “out of the box” or will you again have to wait for a patch or bonus pack?

If possible I'd like to see some type of "Official" qoute or link on this, as I'm getting conflicting reports.

Comment

Originally posted by .:vVv:.F£ÛFF¥

Here's the new question:

On UT2004 ONLY servers' will you be able to play Invasion “out of the box” or will you again have to wait for a patch or bonus pack?

If possible I'd like to see some type of "Official" qoute or link on this, as I'm getting conflicting reports.
        Yes.

Originally posted by PR_Flak

“Unreal Tournament 2004 is an entirely new stand-alone game featuring land-, air- and space-based vehicles, as well as two major new modes of play – Onslaught and a new and improved Assault,” said Steve Allison, vice president of marketing at Atari. “In addition, Unreal Tournament 2004 contains all of the content that was included in the original Unreal Tournament 2003 and its bonus packs. By offering a rebate to current owners of Unreal Tournament 2003, we are making it easy to upgrade so everyone can experience the great new content Unreal Tournament 2004 has to offer.”

UT2k4 will contain all UT2k3 content including the bonus pack materials. Therefore, you can play Invasion "out of the box" with UT2k4.

Comment

Why aren't they adding anything NEW to invasion?? (or are they?) Will UT2004's invasion be any different from UT2003's (other than being able to use the new weapons and maps)? Will we have new monsters? New wave parameters? Maybe some third party waves to liven things up a bit?? (wave1-5 UT monsters, wave6-10 Quake monsters, wave11-15 AlienvsPred monsters, wave15-20 DOOM monsters, Wave21-25 LordoftheRings orcs and Uruk-Hai, wave26-30?? ) :up: Yeah, yeah, I know... it'll never happen. Still, it would be great fun...

Another idea would be to have the ability to join the monster team. Maybe if you get killed by a certain monster (vampire?) you join the monster team and control =one= monster until it dies. Then you would immediately be put in control of another monster, etc, until the wave ends. Then you are back as a player again... (that might make it tough on the last man standing tho...)

Comment

*SIGH*

I'm being told that the above qoute from PR Flak merely means that UT2004 will include on the CD / DVD the original game and all it's bonus packs... NOT that the game itself (UT2004) will include the materials as a "stand alone" feature, available for play.

Get what i'm saying / asking? Example:

Say we're told that HL2 will " contains all of the content that was included in the original HL and its bonus packs." This means you'll get the original games and all the subsequet games on the release. BUT this DOES NOT mean you'll be playing CS on HL2 only servers...make sense? Even though you get the games, the new game does not support the mods made for the older game release.

UT2K4 players can play on UT2K3 servers, but NOT vise-versa.

Including material from previous releases DOES NOT mean that the "new" release will include the material FOR PLAY... only that the previously released material will be available for play on the CD / DVD. You have to play the older version of the game to play the mods made for the older releases.

How about it PR Flak... want to clarify this one? If i purchase a 2K4 ONLY server...and i DO NOT load anythig that came from 2K3... will i be able to play Invasion "out of the box?"

Comment

I'm being told that the above qoute from PR Flak merely means that UT2004 will include on the CD / DVD the original game and all it's bonus packs... NOT that the game itself (UT2004) will include the materials as a "stand alone" feature, available for play.

Get what i'm saying / asking? Example:
              Say we're told that HL2 will " contains all of the content that was included in the original HL and its bonus packs." This means you'll get the original games and all the subsequet games on the release. BUT this DOES NOT mean you'll be playing CS on HL2 only servers...make sense? Even though you get the games, the new game does not support the mods made for the older game release.

UT2K4 players can play on UT2K3 servers, but NOT vise-versa.
              1st paragraph:
              If it'll include the old content, why would you not be able to use it?
              I suppose you're thinking of how UT included the monsters from Unreal, which didn't mean they were featured in the game.
              You could summon them with a cheat code, but they weren't anything really in the game.
              If that's what you mean, then no, it's different with UT2004.
              You will be able to play Invasion right out of the box.
              I'm nobody official of course, but nobody official might ever reply.
              Think about it... it wouldn't make sense not to include Invasion as a playable game mode.

2nd paragraph:
              No, it doesn't make sense, at least not to me.
              HL2 is too different an engine to even play Counter-Strike, so it's a different thing.
              Of course you won't be able to play old games in a new game/engine.
              Actually I'm not so sure, as I understand old code from HL is still used, but...
              Well, does anybody know anything about HL2 for sure anymore?

3rd paragrap:
              True.
              Even if a UT2004 server was playing Invasion with only old content, people with UT2003 would't be able to join.
              The other way around does work, UT2004 people simply won't be able to find their new weaponry for instance.

Comment

http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/modes.php

Comment

How about it PR Flak... want to clarify this one? If i purchase a 2K4 ONLY server...and i DO NOT load anythig that came from 2K3... will i be able to play Invasion "out of the box?"
                  FFS ;(

Seriously, what is wrong with you? No offense, but you should have understood the first few replies by now. It's been a while and yet you still can't comprehend something so simple.

Obviously I'm not Flak, but I do understand this, and I'll try and explain this to you in the simplest terms possible:

It is impossible to "NOT load anythig that came from 2K3..." since UT2004 has EVERYTHING built in from UT2003. UT2004 IS basically UT2003 just with double the content and a quite a few bug fixes. Whatever was added in bonus packs or patches is already in UT2004 and will be playable out-of-the-box.

Do you get it now? I really hope so. :c

Comment

i sense an increase in brain density

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe641
                      FFS ;(

Seriously, what is wrong with you? No offense, but you should have understood the first few replies by now. It's been a while and yet you still can't comprehend something so simple.

Obviously I'm not Flak, but I do understand this, and I'll try and explain this to you in the simplest terms possible:

It is impossible to "NOT load anythig that came from 2K3..." since UT2004 has EVERYTHING built in from UT2003. UT2004 IS basically UT2003 just with double the content and a quite a few bug fixes. Whatever was added in bonus packs or patches is already in UT2004 and will be playable out-of-the-box.

Do you get it now? I really hope so. :c
                      hehe... lemme see i think i can explain it even more simplier.
                      Install ut2k4. *presses install button* first there goes half of ut2k3 stuff in *change CD2* secondhalf *change CD3* BP's and first half of ut2k4 *change CD* second half of ut2k4 *istall finished

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=- View Post
                        EVERY

THING

THAT

WAS

IN

UT2003

INCLUDING

BONUS

PACKS

AND

PATCHING

WILL

BE

INCLUDED

IN

UT2004

Including a non-functional boost dodge. Bombing run players would know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Great. Another 10 year bump.

Comment

He's just leveling necromancy skill I guess.

Comment

No I'm just pointing out how this game has bugs that never got fixed that should have. It's another example of why the next version of UT needs extensive alpha and beta testing from the community, imho.

Comment

Bring on the BETA UT2014 here we come?

Comment

Working...
                                X