Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else wants UT2k7 to be called Unreal Tournament 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else wants UT2k7 to be called Unreal Tournament 3?

It just seems so beautiful. It's the third iteration of the engine, it's the third progression of theme (in practicality, UT2k3 either was a bad dream or it gets counted as UT2k4 and UT2k3 being the same game thematically and engine-wise). It's a way to sort of turn over a new leaf from UT2k3 and UT2k4 and try fresh and original things, and also the year-based thing confuses users, especially since UT2k5 and UT2k6 got skipped over. Even Jeff Morris said this, and I was surprised that Epic is going along with it even though their producer sees the flaws.

What do you think?

Either is good for me :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
      What do you think?
      I think you're just trying to raise your postcount

+1GET

Comment

Unreal Tournament 3. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Slainchild
          Unreal Tournament 3. :up:
          :up:

Comment

i like the sound of "2k7" but 3 would work alot better:up:

Comment

nope

Comment

UTenvY ftw!

Comment

Unreal Tournament 3 ftw! :up:

Comment

gimmie the game..call it what you liek..i really don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                      gimmie the game..call it what you liek..i really don't care...
                      :up:

Comment

yeah, I'd dig 3 but tbh at this stage in the game you know they're dead set on the current title, hell tons of people raised a fuss about this nearly a year ago now, and if they didn't do anything about it then..

At this point, I'll be satisfied if the game itself is how it needs to be..

Comment

Unreal Tournament 3 is a sidestep from the current naming convention plus is almost make it sound old already because Q is V4 and Doom is V3 which has been out for a while. When (arguably uninformed) people see stuff on shelves, they automatically think things with a higher designation are better for some reason. That's why Amstrad sold loads of Commodore 64s - everything else was X/Y/Z 32

How about Really Unreal Tournament, the next one after that could be Really Really Unreal Tournament and so on.

Sorry, bored.

I think Unreal Warfare would actually be a good name for the whole package - it depends if it fits in with the gameplay / style though I suppose. I'd be happy to think of a few names if I could get a copy say, next week, to get a feel for it

Unreal Conflict
                          Unreal Combat
                          Unreal Hecatomb (A large-scale sacrifice or slaughter)

Dunno really, don't really mind

Comment

I don't see the name anything more than a label. They could call it uNrEaL P!rAteZ for all I care.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
                              What do you think?
                              I wouldn't mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X