Editor too bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editor too bright

When I load the editor, the screen becomes too bright, even the rest of windows, the desktop and everything. How can I prevent this?

yeah it does that, no idea to fix it though.

Comment

Maybe it has to do with the gamma set in the game? I think that the desktop screen also turns bright when you load the game.

Comment

I think you have to rightclick on your unrealed icon and after that select *shortcut*. Then you have to put *-nogamma* behind your gamefile. It becommes something like this: E:\spellen\UT2004\System\UnrealEd.exe -nogamma. I've read this somewhere and it solved it 4 me.

Comment

^ correct

Comment

??? i dont get it, so i right click on unrealed.exe and click "create shortcut" and then i dont understand wat u said after...wat gamefile?

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y»
              I think you have to rightclick on your unrealed icon and after that select *shortcut*. Then you have to put *-nogamma* behind your gamefile. It becommes something like this: E:\spellen\UT2004\System\UnrealEd.exe -nogamma. I've read this somewhere and it solved it 4 me.
              Nice! This was an annoyance that's been around for years and I never knew it was fixable. I've got mine fixed.

To the poster: You'll want something like this in the editor's shortcut properties:

Comment

oooo...sweet it works, thx

Comment

Watch out with the nogamma thing. As a previous poster said, the gamma change you see also happens when you start up the game itself. Getting rid of it means that you'll probably run into problems when you're doing lighting, since Ued lighting and UT lighting will no longer match up (well, they always seem to be a bit different, but it's advised to keep the discrepancy at a minimum).

That being said, this kind of stuff really belongs in the level editting forum.

Comment

*duke nukem voice when peeing- much better...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryandar
                      Watch out with the nogamma thing. As a previous poster said, the gamma change you see also happens when you start up the game itself. Getting rid of it means that you'll probably run into problems when you're doing lighting, since Ued lighting and UT lighting will no longer match up (well, they always seem to be a bit different, but it's advised to keep the discrepancy at a minimum).
                      One reason why I'm keeping the gamma on...

Comment

Interesting choice... Not sure what to do now, but thanks for giving me the choice!

Comment

Working...
                        X