Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle ideas

Random Discussion II

Similar to the other random discussion...

If you had complete control over the vehicles in the future, what would you do with them (performance, NOT appearance)?

Personally:

Scorpion: 400 HP, heavier, a tad faster, double-layer blades that are too high to jump, and replace the bolas with a mounted minigun of roughly the same potential of the goliath's 50-cals.

Manta: Remove it (please don't hurt me).

Goliath: 1000 HP, a bit less maneuverable, and more powerful machine guns (seeing as they are as useful as the assault rifle when compared to the golith's main turret).

Hellbender: 700-800 HP, heavier, more damage from rear turret, a 4th position which fires the current scorp bolas.

Raptor: 400 HP, heavier, faster plasma projectiles with more damage, and a greater ascend/descend speed.

Leviathan: The plasma turrets be built-in lower so they can actually serve their intended purpose of defending the Levi's immediate sides.

Cicada: 600 HP, heavier, slightly slower acceleration speed, and slightly slower-traveling rocket projectiles.

Paladin: 1200HP, heavier, larger blast radius but less damage from primary fire, slightly less maneuverable, four new positions that fire short-range grenades (about as powerful as flak grenades, but with a slightly larger blast radius), and an even larger shield.

SPMA: Heavier, very slightly less maneuverable, no second position, more concetrated and powerful air strikes, and aiming the air strikes with the mouse (which I am very glad to hear is actually coming true)

And again, no flaming mine until you've posted your own

Originally posted by AL777
    Similar to the other random discussion...

If you had complete control over the vehicles in the future, what would you do with them (performance, NOT appearance)?

Personally:

Scorpion: 400 HP, heavier, a tad faster, double-layer blades that are too high to jump, and replace the bolas with a mounted minigun of roughly the same potential of the goliath's 50-cals.

Manta: I'm not even going to say what I'd do to this purely for the reason that I'd get flamed to all hell.

Goliath: 1000 HP, a bit less maneuverable, and more powerful machine guns (seeing as they are as useful as the assault rifle when compared to the golith's main turret).

Hellbender: 700-800 HP, heavier, more damage from rear turret, a 4th position which fires the current scorp bolas.

Raptor: 400 HP, heavier, faster plasma projectiles with more damage, and a greater ascend/descend speed.

Leviathan: The plasma turrets be built-in lower so they can actually serve their intended purpose of defending the Levi's immediate sides.

Cicada: 600 HP, heavier, slightly slower acceleration speed, and slightly slower-traveling rocket projectiles.

Paladin: 1200HP, heavier, larger blast radius but less damage from primary fire, slightly less maneuverable, four new positions that fire short-range grenades (about as powerful as flak grenades, but with a slightly larger blast radius), and an even larger shield.

SPMA: Heavier, very slightly less maneuverable, no second position, more concetrated and powerful air strikes, and aiming the air strikes with the mouse (which I am very glad to hear is actually coming true)

And again, no flaming mine until you've posted your own
    Make em look like the original veichles but graphicly updated...

add a dropship to ferry around infantry and capable of carrying light veichles...

Make a capturable machine shop where you can modify the veichles weapons Hellbender coudl have like a missile turret, gattling turret, twin turret etc same for other veichles...

drop the Necris veichles into magma...

Comment

drop the Necris veichles into magma...
      :respect:

Comment

Add a vehicle with 600 times the armour of the goliath that shot redeemers. Only these would be "X-TREMERS" which caused 10 times the damage of a normal redeemer. The refire rate of this vehicle would be greater than the goliath minigun turret by at least 5 fold.

*Edited to fix my spelling mistake*

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoticas
          Add a vehicle with 600 times the armour of the goliath that shot redeemers. Only these would be "X-TREMEERS" which caused 10 times the damage of a normal redeemer. The refire rate of this vehicle would be greater than the goliath minigun turret by at least 5 fold.

X-TREMERS I like that

Oh almost forgot id make the Scorpion accelerate faster and have a more responive steering so those blades could come to use once in a while...

Comment

HERE IS THE ONLY REAL VEHICLE SUGGESTION I WANT TO MAKE RIGHT NOW

Raptor dogfights need to somehow be something that isn't holding down Alt. Fire and trying to circle strafe each other. I want the primary fire of the raptor to be explosive shells that travel four times faster than the missiles and explode within a two foot proximity. You have to lead them, but they're forgiving and satisfying. I think that hammering somebody with them will be more fun than hoping that your stupid missiles hit.

Overall, I think the plasma blasts are damned garish looking as well. Just stupid in general.

Comment

Overall, I think the plasma blasts are damned garish looking as well
              If it wasn't for the fact that their appearences complements their splash damage so well, I'd agree.

Comment

Well, it looks like the new raptor fires something bullet-based, but I can't be sure. Those look like cannons and not casters.

I seriously think it would be very satisfying with the shells I'm talking about. They'd have nice-looking tracers and would require some leading.

Comment

1300 hp to paladin? did you forgot it has the shield?

drop the necris vehicles?!!!!!!11??11! are you guys kidding? they are brand new looking and functionality 9 vehicles!!
                  more vehicles to *****, fly fast and anihhilate with (cant wait to see the necris leviathan and the 2 flyers)

i would give the raptor vary fast traveling plasma projecters, so that the rator to raptor dogfights arent only missiles

the hellbenders first and second seat are already enclosed so i dont anything else to say

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
                  Well, it looks like the new raptor fires something bullet-based, but I can't be sure. Those look like cannons and not casters.

I seriously think it would be very satisfying with the shells I'm talking about. They'd have nice-looking tracers and would require some leading.
                  in the dmos, the raptor and the manta have the same prymary wepon
                  fast travelling and hight rate of fire plasma casters

Comment

The fast-firing casters actually look a hell of a lot a) more fun to use and b) more useful in dogfights. Looks like I'll get my wish after all.

Comment

Scorpion: boost function, bit faster, shorter blades, bola would be replaced with manta-style plasma or chaingun, realistic controls that allow for a more complex driving style (drifting, donuts, etc)

Manta: Headshots would be easier, lockdown on plasma removed

Goliath: Half the blast radius, real treads

Raptor: smaller, smaller splash damage area, lockdown on plasma removed

Paladin: goliath speed

Cicaida: less maneuverability, slower firing rockets, less clumsy

SPMA: can't really be fixed :\

Hellbender - slower skymines, turret at max charge does 150dmg to vehicles and 100dmg to players, more maneuverability

Comment

Levithian:
                        -Move as fast as a scorpian
                        -Use alt fire while moving around
                        -Faster, more accurate primary fire, with 10% more damage
                        -50% more health

just kidding

Comment

I think the Goliath gunner should be like the pulse rifle from Half-Life 2 - loud but smooth and futuristic. Feels like something you can actually mow people down with. The current one a) has bullet tracers that make it feel weird and b) should make air vehicles light up like when they're hit by the shock rifle, since they're the Goliath's biggest weakness.

Comment

1300 hp to paladin? did you forgot it has the shield?
                            Yes, and I want the shield even larger. I want to make it an insanely powerful defensive vehicle, yet diminish its offensive potential.

Oh lovely... my threads were forcibly renamed...

Comment

The goliath pilot should control the minigun and the passenger should be the gunner.

Comment

Working...
                              X