Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon Fire!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    that would be cool, all you'd need is a moving light actor, and dynamic shadows/lightning.

    Comment


      #17
      ONS-Dawn taking place at dusk? Blasphemy!

      perhaps it can be ONS-DuskTilDawn :P

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Bersy
        ONS-Dawn taking place at dusk? Blasphemy!

        perhaps it can be ONS-DuskTilDawn :P
        And then they could just pop in DM-TittyTwister, 2 birds one stone!

        Comment


          #19
          ONS-AllNightLong

          Comment


            #20
            ONS-24 :P

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by A_Spec
              that would be cool, all you'd need is a moving light actor, and dynamic shadows/lightning.
              My PC just shuddered at the thought of that.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Slainchild
                My PC just shuddered at the thought of that.
                There, there don't worry, Epic will come through with some revolutionary thingamadingy do make it all well...

                probably in the shape of a bagel... :bulb:

                Comment


                  #23
                  I have already made moving sun actors in 2k4 for a map I never quite finished, the moving light created an impression of shadows passing over the landscape, so I see no reason why my idea would not work with UE3's dynamic shadow system and the same principle. And I see no reason for it to place much more strain on a system than any map with global lighting would already.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    wasn't there a dynamic weather effects plug-in availble with this function?

                    Comment


                      #25
                      too bad epic didnt really confirmed that day/night feature is in, like in Cryengine, but with all this new tchnology, per pixel shadowing/lightning, dynamic lightning and stuff, its hard to belive we wont have the day/night feature.
                      maybe they didnt feel the need of telling that, becuz it will have alot more better features than the cryengine

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Zynith
                        You know what would be cool, every skirmish taking place on a different time, just like a real war.

                        Eg:
                        round1 = noon
                        round2 = night
                        round3 = dawn
                        etc...

                        Should be possible with the perpixel lighting system...
                        What might be neat is if they could have it take place at the time of the day it actually is on your computer. If it was 2:00PM, then you could see the sun out as it'd be daytime. A dynamic sunset would be pretty cool, though probably a pain to code.

                        You could know if you were playing for too long if you saw the sun set in the game.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by SivakDrac
                          What might be neat is if they could have it take place at the time of the day it actually is on your computer. If it was 2:00PM, then you could see the sun out as it'd be daytime. A dynamic sunset would be pretty cool, though probably a pain to code.

                          You could know if you were playing for too long if you saw the sun set in the game.
                          It'd get weird playing with our friends across the pond...

                          "I can't see a thing, mate! Pitch black!"

                          "What're you talking about? It's blinding at my end!"

                          Comment


                            #28
                            sounds like "Carbon Fiber"... I like it.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Would be nice if the people doing the interview actually knew something about the game... Spidermines sticky? Ouch.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X