Carbon Fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fire!

I've read some recent interviews that's been posted here, but one name bandied about was a deathmatch map by the name of...

Carbon Fire

DM Carbon Fire is set in a Liandri World, a futuristic robot factory. Peering through glass walls you can see robots being assembled, and overhead robots are being transported via conveyer belts. Unfortunately, there weren’t any enemies on screen for us to gawk at. The level was simply chosen to show how detailed environments would be. The Liandri world had a rotating spinning shield generator going around the planet that left an impressive hazy static effect.
    Any chance of a screenshot coming our way of this?

Like DM-Conveyor [ut99] with robots and views of the city below? :bulb:

Comment

you can see parts of this map in the video of the dude duking it out with the robot, i believe..

Comment

Yeah, I think that's the map they're talking about. It's a shame that we haven't seen straight-up screenshots of it.

Comment

ONS–Torlan2 and ONS-DownUnder

OH MY GOD TORLAN IS GOING TO LOOK SWEET

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
            ONS–Torlan2 and ONS-DownUnder

OH MY GOD TORLAN IS GOING TO LOOK SWEET
            I like the fact that you have no idea whats it's gonna be like in the U3 engine.

Also, while Morris was scrolling through the different weapons, the Spider Mine Launcher came on screen for just a brief moment. We’re not exactly sure what this will do but we’re guessing it’s some sort of proximity mine that will stick to walls
            Looks like someone has never played UT before. So people that are totally ignorent of UT get to see this and we don't....

cruel, cruel world.

Comment

Originally posted by A_Spec
              I like the fact that you have no idea whats it's gonna be like in the U3 engine.

Looks like someone has never played UT before.
              I'm just glad they're bringing back a classic that had one of the strongest themes in UT2k4. Overplayed or not, they really nailed the feel: the tension before a storm mixed with dried desert and really nice music.

And in some ways, I do have a pretty decent idea of what it's going to look like, just by judging outdoor shots like this one.

[shot]http://www.1up.com/media?id=1846930&type=lg[/shot]

For all we know, that's a part of Torlan2.

Comment

I'm just glad they
                re bringing back a classic that had one of the strongest themes in UT2k4. Overplayed or not, they really nailed the feel: the tension before a storm mixed with dried desert and really nice music.

And in some ways, I do have a pretty decent idea of what it's going to look like, just by judging outdoor shots like this one.

*insert hawt screenie here*
                Fair enough, looking forward to it aswell.

Comment

For all we know, that's a part of Torlan2.
                  No, that's an ancient tech demo from before they even had any of the maps started.

Comment

ah, but we know what the engine is capable of (atleast we think we do) so that environment is quiet possible.

Comment

Yeah, of course. I personally hope they make Torlan2 a little different in terms of its atmosphere.. Torlan Nights was pretty cool.. every map does not need to take place during daylight.. Dynamic day/night would be even cooler.

Comment

I see it as the next "Deck" map, slowly evolving accos of the next UT titles.

I wonder if Hourences is making this one aswell.

Comment

I was just thinking two days ago that it would be nice if a map took place at sunrise, and it got lighter and lighter gradually.

Comment

Especially if shadows off of towers and walls move with the sun..

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy
                              Yeah, of course. I personally hope they make Torlan2 a little different in terms of its atmosphere.. Torlan Nights was pretty cool.. every map does not need to take place during daylight.. Dynamic day/night would be even cooler.
                              You know what would be cool, every skirmish taking place on a different time, just like a real war.

Eg:
                              round1 = noon
                              round2 = night
                              round3 = dawn
                              etc...

Should be possible with the perpixel lighting system...

Comment

Working...
                              X