Question about voice packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The .ucv and .uca files are the working files for the two programs I mentioned. Basically, they store the information that's needed to compile your VP or AP, such as what file is used for what event, the Transient Sound Volume property, etc. You will have to compile the VP by clicking on the yellow Unreal U letter button or clicking "Build" on the menu bar, then "Build" in the menu that drops down. Of course there isn't a sound for "Fight!" in any of the stock announcer packs. That's because the sounds were recorded from voice actors, not generated by a TTS synthesizer like in some video games (such as Wizard of Wor). There is more that I could say but I don't have the time now. In the meantime, you can read my tutorial, which I will be updating soon, to get more info on how to make these things from concept to finished product.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, thank you very much. Outstanding programs! I'm currently stuck at this point: I have the programs installed but it seems to open .uca files, and the voice packs I've downloaded are .u .ucl .uax... Also, what I'd need is editing the default announcer, but where's the file? I mean, where can I get or how can I generate a .uca file with the default announcer so as to edit it? I've explored the ut2004/system folder with no success. To put things worse, the Announcer Packager doesn't include (or at least I don't see it) the 'Play!' voice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Elaphe
    Thankyou very much. It was easier than I expected. Let me ask another question in relation to this: is it possible to edit the announcer voices?
    Yes, you can make custom Announcer Packs, too. The same guy (Paul Catalano) who made the UT2K4 Voice Packager also made a program for APs. The program is still in beta and I don't know if or when it will be completed, but its' current build is quite functional. Click here to go to the site and download it. There are already a few out there. Here's a couple:

Quake III Arena AP
    Killer Instinct AP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thankyou very much. It was easier than I expected. Let me ask another question in relation to this: is it possible to edit the announcer voices? I like it in general, but there's something I cannot stand: what he says to start the match. Play? It's stupid. Anything would have been better than that: Go!, Start!, and of course the best of all: Fight! There are over a thousand things that I prefer in UT2004 over Quake III/IV, but that 'Fight!' in Quake is much much better. I wonder if it could be replaced. Well, there's also another Quake IV feature that I'd love to see in UT: jump pads also affect grenades (and the teleporter).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, you say the do not delete the original, but are added. But then, you have to do something to activate them? Anyway, I'll read the tutorials.
    Here's how to assign a voice to a bot or your avatar. To select the voice for your character model, click Settings then the Player tab. In the drop-down control menu box labeled Voice Type, select one of the following voices. Note that they are alphabatized by the file name, not the title. To select a voice for a bot, first click Instant-Action mode from main menu. In the control menu box labeled "Bot Mode" choose "Use Bot Roster". The Bot Config menu tab should appear. Click it and scroll through your list with the arrow buttons to find the bot you want. Click on its portrait and then click the Edit button. From there you can change the bot's voice in the same maner as you would the Playe's voice.

EDIT: JaFO's Bot Manager is a handy utility for creating and modifying bot lists. There is also a randomization feature that enables you to randomize the characteristics of a bot, including VP. Just remember to click on the bots' name first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanx for the answers. As regards the problems you mention, I don't play online, so not a problem here. LoparXL, what you say sounds very interesting. I'm downloading the pack. It would be nice that these new voices were randomly used for all characters. Well, you say the do not delete the original, but are added. But then, you have to do something to activate them? Anyway, I'll read the tutorials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't like the fact that many of the characters I have downloaded use the same voice (standard voices). Is there a way I can download voices or voice packs and make these characters use those voices? Also, do voicepacks replaces the standard voices in the game or do they add to them?
    Voice Packs! Oh goody goody! My specialty. Yes, custom VPs do not delete the originals, they add to them. I have put together a project called Unreal Tournament 2004 Community Voice Pack that is a collection of some of the best custom made voices that the mod community has made for UT2K4. You can click here to visit the Web site for more information and download links. There are tutorials available on the links page that can help you understand the concept and show you how to make them. Of course, there are many other places on the net that have dozens of VPs for downloading. Here's a short list with links directly to the Voice Pack pages.

Nation Narrow Net
    The Voice Shrine
    UT200XHQ
    Levels4You
    FilePlanet

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by i_doit3d
    As for the kicks, a lazy server admin (IMHO) will set it up to kick for everything. A good servr admin will have AntiTCC configured properly & you won't get kicked.

Active Admin 3.0 ftw...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As for the kicks, a lazy server admin (IMHO) will set it up to kick for everything. A good servr admin will have AntiTCC configured properly & you won't get kicked.

So, it is not AntiTCC's fault, but the server operator/admin. Most have the "set it & forget it" mentality, so you will get kicked the majority of the time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes you can make a voice pack BUT Anti TCC kicks you for it's use so most people have given up on them as every server is different i am sure Anti tcc could be configured to not kick you but so far it has not happened..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had an awesome Stephen Hawking gangsta-trash talkin' voice pack when I first started playing, but seemingly one of the early patches put an end to that

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Question about voice packs

Question about voice packs

I don't like the fact that many of the characters I have downloaded use the same voice (standard voices). Is there a way I can download voices or voice packs and make these characters use those voices? Also, do voicepacks replaces the standard voices in the game or do they add to them?
Working...
X