X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid CD key...

Hey all,

I've got a bit of a problem here...

This first happened after a power outage in my house, which occured while I was loading a map in UT. When the power came back I started my PC and immediately tried to start UT, but then I got this message.

I tried re-applying the latest patch (v3369 right?), and UT2kX Regcheck. I can lookup my CD key in my registry fine, so that's not the problem. I really don't want to reinstall, because I'll loose my custom crosshairs, custom *.int files, ini settings im used to etc...

Anybody know of a solution?

Thanks.

Hi

Dunno what happend with your UT...

But you can allway's copy your * .int .ini e.g.
    And copy them back to the new installation and keep all your setting.

Dunno if this help but try delete your Ut and user.ini file (Backup first)..
    Ut2004 will generate new one...Try to run UT2004.....

Reinstallation SUX....Btw...StrikeForce A mod to Ut2004 Rox...

GL

Tormod

Comment

cant you just copy your .int's and backup your ini's? I always have a backup of those files

Comment

Actually, all that happens is it rewrites everything that CAME with the game, no mods or custom stuff, but it will rewrite ints, inis, etc.

Comment

Ofcourse I know I can backup the files, but there are 2 reasons why I don't want to reinstall:

1. I'm wondering what the hell is causing this (since all files seem to be OK, I'm using an original CD key, and I can manually find the key in my registry), and

2. I don't have my DVD here with me, it's at a friends place.

Plz help.

Comment

then i guess he is playing with it online ... some friend lol

Comment

This is a common error you see when installing a TC mod. If in fact you are playing with a mod, delete or rename that mod's inis (base mod and user_mod) and let it auto rebuild based on the default UT2004 ini + the mod's default inis.

Comment

Originally posted by killalot0
                then i guess he is playing with it online ... some friend lol
                It's not that, he doesn't even have it installed at the moment. Also, it's possible for 2-3 people to play online with the same key, I tried.

In this case, UT is using some algorithm to determine if the key is valid, and now it chokes on my key, while it worked previously.

The "CD key already in use"-check is done by the Master server, which is when you click "Join Game".

I don't even get that far.

Comment

Look in your UT2004.ini file, it may be partially or completely blanked out. If so, restore it from a backup or delete it entirely and let the game make a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Imaginos
                    This is a common error you see when installing a TC mod. If in fact you are playing with a mod, delete or rename that mod's inis (base mod and user_mod) and let it auto rebuild based on the default UT2004 ini + the mod's default inis.
                    I'm not using any mods, I'm a plain old 1on1 DMer. The only thing I use that's not default is UTcomp.

Comment

Holy ***** you people are fast! I'm having a hard time keeping up!

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                      Look in your UT2004.ini file, it may be partially or completely blanked out. If so, restore it from a backup or delete it entirely and let the game make a new one.
                      Aargh you're right, only a few lines remaining in my UT2004.ini. Goddamnit, NO! Bye bye my wonderfully tweaked settings... :down::sour:

Thanks Angel_Mapper

Comment

n/m. glad you got it workin.

Comment

Working...
                        X